What's new

MPI Press Release: Dark Shadows The Complete Original Series (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Scott
I got shipping notice Late this afternoon!!! :cool:
Hope I get a Low number like you did.
A Relief, I am getting one. No other info on the shipping status, that too is through their website.
Now I won't feel the desperate need to order a second set from Amazon.
I'll post back what number I do end up getting, really Any number, low or high is Fine by me.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Scott DS Fan said:
A Relief, I am getting one. No other info on the shipping status, that too is through their website.
I'll post back what number I do end up getting, really Any number, low or high is Fine by me.
Glad to hear. I figured you would get a notice soon since they don't have to wait until the release date to ship, but just so it doesn't get received before the release date. I'll bet you get it on Wednesday next week.
Mine shipped from CA to the east coast and took five business days to arrive. I didn't receive a shipping status email update for two days after it had shipped. When i did get one, it stated it was shipping UPS (with a tracking number link), but it was actually a FedEx number (I'm thinking they don't usually use FedEx). So just in case, try pasting the tracking number when received into the FedEx website search.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Ordered my set from ImportCDs on 26 March. Left for San Francisco on the 27th. When I returned home on 2 April, the huge box was awaiting me. Don't know exactly when it arrived, but no later than Saturday, 31 March. Set # 1130. The packaging was sturdy to avoid damage to the coffin, which is very heavy. Not a cheap box at all. Quite delighted with the set.

Michael Fett

Auditioning
Real Name
michael
Scott DS Fan said:
That is good to hear for you. Mine shipped as well today living in Phoenix my guess is I receive it Monday. As far as box number preferences 210 and 1 would be nice. I'll let people know my number as well.

Roy Wall

Supporting Actor
I love this review !!!!
http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/54328/dark-shadows-complete-original-series/

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
"Shipping soon" from Amazon. That means my copy has been pulled at the warehouse and that my card has been charged. Always a big relief on limited edition items where Amazon is rumored to be selling more than their allocation (which never really seems to be the case)

Roy Wall

Supporting Actor
Boy...I gotta hope ImportCDs comes through for me....Amazon has sold out of the "limited" edition and is now advertising the "deluxe" edition. I hope that I don't live to regret my cancellation with Amazon.

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
If it's a Limited Edition, don't use free shipping with Amazon (SuperSaver).
Customers who pay for shipping get higher priority at their fulfillment centres, regardless of when orders are put in. In fact the actual shipping method can be exactly the same whether you pay or not - the big difference is how your order gets prioritised ad handled at their warehouse.
I believe that Prime users always go to the top of the totem pole, followed by the various paid shipping methods, the faster ones are more expensive and so get more priority.
AFAIK it is definitely not a case of "first come, first served"

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
My set started shipping over the weekend from Amazon. I have a PRIME account, tracking says it is on time for delivery Tuesday. I hope it is in really good shape.

For those who already got their sets... does that sticker come off easy? I don't mind taking it off and maybe putting it somehere inside the set. Just think that Red sticker on the coffin makes it look ... well at any rate that sticker should have been on the plastic wrap. IMO

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Powell&Pressburger said:
My set started shipping over the weekend from Amazon. I have a PRIME account, tracking says it is on time for delivery Tuesday. I hope it is in really good shape.
For those who already got their sets... does that sticker come off easy? I don't mind taking it off and maybe putting it somehere inside the set. Just think that Red sticker on the coffin makes it look ... well at any rate that sticker should have been on the plastic wrap. IMO
I haven't tried to remove the sticker yet. It looks pretty well stuck, so i didn't want to cause any damage. I don't recall if there was a plastic wrap. If there was it was a loose bag type wrap and not something that hugged the shape of the box.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
I really don't understand why they went and stuck a sticker on that expensive coffin! It kind of ruins the look of it. I don't mind if it peels off easy and doesn't leave markings, but I don't know why they would make that blunder.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Powell&Pressburger said:
I really don't understand why they went and stuck a sticker on that expensive coffin! It kind of ruins the look of it. I don't mind if it peels off easy and doesn't leave markings, but I don't know why they would make that blunder.
Maybe someone will try and let us know. I was personally afraid of:
1. Creating any type of scratch around it while trying to get underneath it to remove it
2. Finding slight discoloration under it so that you always know the sticker was there
3. Finding that the sticker will no longer hold in place if I wanted to put it back after find 1 or 2 happened.
For me it isn't as big a deal because as nice as the coffin is, it won't fit into my shelving with the rest of my collection. So i will just put the new cases on my shelves, which works to save space over my buying any more of the older sets to complete a collection. The coffin will go right back in the box it came in for save keeping in case some day it works out I can display it, or i ever decide to sell it.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
My Set Arrived from Amazon. I haven't went beyond the plastic wrapper covering. Not Until I get home :)

Some pics of how it was packed / shipped by Amazon

Outer Shipping Box / the the main Item box

068f6557_box1.jpeg

2542e28a_Box2.jpeg

84ee3a35_Box3.jpeg

Kenneth_C

Second Unit
Just got mine delivered from Amazon! :banana:
Honestly, pictures do not do this set justice. It's massive! I really had no idea how big -- and heavy! -- the coffin would be.
Worth every penny, imo.

Michael Fett

Auditioning
Real Name
michael
Powell&Pressburger said:
My Set Arrived from Amazon. I haven't went beyond the plastic wrapper covering. Not Until I get home :) 
Some pics of how it was packed / shipped by Amazon
Outer Shipping Box / the the main Item box

Mine just came in today as well. That picture you show for the size of the boxset doesn't even do it justice. My box number was 2425 what was yours?

Real Name
Scott
Mine is on the FedEx Truck for delivery today.
Amazon sold out again several days ago and a couple non amazon sellers are selling at over $500.00.
I'll post later today the # I got.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Scott DS Fan said:
Mine is on the FedEx Truck for delivery today.
Amazon sold out again several days ago and a couple non amazon sellers are selling at over $500.00.
I'll post later today the # I got.
Glad to hear it's close to finally all working out Scott. It will be interesting to see if you ended up with a number in the high 300's.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
Amazon dropped the price to $389.99. Everyone will automatically get a refund for the price difference. I'm getting $24 back

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks