What's new

Movies with Shocking Endings? Name only. (1 Viewer)

Perry Jonkheer

Second Unit
I agree with many of the already posted films...especially Memento. If your sister can figure out this amazing movie, I would be very impressed.

To add to the list...

What Lies Beneath
Hunt for the Red October
Cruel Intentions

ID4 - ha! ha! Just kidding.To be very honest, I had no idea Jeff Goldblum and Will Smith would team up and fly into the mother ship to upload a virus which would disengage the enemy's forcefields. I thought Earth was doomed! Funny stuff!!!

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
I'll second Devil's Advocate....my bro ruined sixth sense for me or else that would be my number one "shocking ending" movie.

Tim Ke

Stunt Coordinator
i'll put in my 2cents:
The Conversation
American Beauty (not really shocking, but surprising)

Shawn C

Screenwriter
Smokey and the Bandit - He get the Coors Light back to Atlanta for the big BBQ (because he's thirsty, dummy) and got the $80,000 form Big Enis Burdett! I don't think he should have taken the double or nothing bet for the clam chowder though.
"There's now way, NO WAY that you could come from my loins."
:D

Kaima

Grip
The only movie that got me by surprise was Life is Beautiful.

When he was taken around the corner to get shot I was still thinking maybe he could talk his way out of it.

Chris Knox

Stunt Coordinator
Crowded Room!

When Jack realizes that HE was the one that killed his own mother the look on his face was pure acting at its finest! Also another shocker that you won't see coming is when Jack finds the key he's been looking for the whole movie on his own damn keychain and has to hide his shock and the fact that he found the key from Derrik until he figures it all out for himself left me in the floor!

And who could forget the envelope with '27' written on it with the post mark from his hometown that he mailed himself when he was one of his other personalities!

The lengths the director goes through to conceal the fact that Jack is himself the killer all along makes for some interesting movie moments.

Just one plot twist after another!!!

You absolutely must see this movie! My all time favorite.

Chris

Fred Bang

Stunt Coordinator
Not sure if they have been mentionned, but these other Brian DePalma classics (before he became one of the lousiest director in Hollywood):
Dressed to Kill
Body Double
These are two of the coolest thriller I've ever seen, borrowing heavily from Hitchcock's Psycho, Rear Window and Vertigo.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Dead Again

Kenneth Branagh and Emma Thompson

Shattered was the first one I thought of but someone beat me to it.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Here's one most of you probably don't know.

Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry - 1974. Peter Fonda & Susan George. Not a great movie by any stretch but the ending totally caught me off guard.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
The Vanishing
Nekromantik
Se7en
The Wicker Man
The Usual Suspects
The Crimson Rivers.

Sorry I just repeat other peoples picks, but good movies are good movies and have followings for a reason. And if we list "The Vanishing" enough times you might forget they remade this Hollywood style and the world will be that much better for it.

Al B. C

Supporting Actor

Is that the flick with Mimi Rogers in it?

If so I remember that as being a pretty cool movie!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks