Ned-Price-small.gif
Who are these people?

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Nothing.

It's an animated GIF of a rare left/right 3-D image from the promotional View-Master preview reel.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Any historical/buildup review of this one? Not one of the more familiar to casual fans, except for its little-known status as one of the first major-studio 3D entries of the 50's. (Bwana Devil just sorta came out of nowhere.)
Which explains why TT might've started with that one "to begin with", out of all of Colubia's sampling.

From the description, sounds like noir with surreal dream-sequences to sell the 3D, but that's all I know. Any clips/trailers to sweeten the pot?

Todd J Moore

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Todd Moore
It's a decent enough movie for something supposedly rushed through production. A decent number of gimmick shots, some of which are better than others. And some of the dialogue is pretty good, too. It's a remake of The Man Who Lived Twice. O'Brien is a gangster who has an operation to remove his criminal tendencies from his brain. Problem is, he's the only one who knows where he hid the loot from a heist. His old gang kidnaps him and tries to force him to remember. Like I said, a decent enough movie. Not the best but not really as bad as you may have heard.

An interesting choice, btw. I'm wondering if TT is planning to do The Mad Magician or Miss Sadie Thompson at a later date? Would be awesome if they did.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Lets hope Twilight Time can work with Bob and Greg to make sure the 3-D is perfect on the Blu-ray. I know that TT just uses what the studio sends them but maybe is this case they can get some help with it?

Todd J Moore

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Todd Moore
Oh, it's completely a B-Movie. And 11 days sounds about what I heard, too. But I enjoyed it massively when I saw it at the Film Forum in 2004. I sincerely hope it's the start of multiple Classic 3D Blu Rays from Twilight Time.

Matt, you seem to enjoy pop-outs and this one has quite a number. I think you'll have a grand time with it.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
As I've been saying, every release of vintage 3-D will have my full support. Looking forward to it!

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Ejanss said:
Any historical/buildup review of this one? Not one of the more familiar to casual fans, except for its little-known status as one of the first major-studio 3D entries of the 50's. (Bwana Devil just sorta came out of nowhere.)
Which explains why TT might've started with that one "to begin with", out of all of Colubia's sampling.

From the description, sounds like noir with surreal dream-sequences to sell the 3D, but that's all I know. Any clips/trailers to sweeten the pot?
We have a wealth of material on this film.

Here's a little sample from our HOUSE OF WAX article: http://www.3dfilmarchive.com/House-of-Wax

Man-in.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks