What's new

Is it hard to change a bulb (1 Viewer)

Hey Guys,

So its going to be my first bulb i have to replace on my Toshiba 72 inch. I am going to pick the bulb up tomorrow and want to get it installed beofore the playoffs :). I was wondering if anyone has done it before and how hard is it to do?

Thanks in advance,

Bob

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I pulled the bulb out of my Mitsubishi in order to take a look at something else and it was very straight forward, especially if you bought the bulb and cartridge assembly. If you bought just the bulb it's a little tougher but still looks doable. Just remember, no fingerprints on the bulb itself.

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
In general, it depends on the cartridge/frame. If possible, I try to avoid touching any of the glass/porcelain of the reflector or reflector/lamp base. That's probably overly paranoid, but Take your time, don't panic. Most of the time, if the directions aren't clear, the process itself probably is. Most of the directions I've seen, while they sometimes look confusing on their own, (and if nothing else, if it's from the manufacturer, includes a one-sheet in the box explaining how to do it,) but once you have the unit there, it usually makes sense.

Leo

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks