What's new

Indiana Jones DVD Boxset - October 2003 (1 Viewer)

Sebastien Orain

Auditioning
This was officially announced by Paramount at the Deauville Festival in France Yesterday.
4 dvd Boxset ( 3 films + Bonus DVD) worlwide release October 2003.
It also says that the films will not be available separately.
Here is the article for those who can speak french.
Seb

Jeremy Conrad

Supporting Actor
Here's a rough translation:

Finally! After six long years of waiting since arrival of DVD, the Indiana Jones trilogy is finally officially announced for DVD. At the Deauville festival, Paramount revealed part of its 2003 planning, which contained Indiana Jones.

With the Godfather trilogy available since last year, it will be a worldwide release in October 2003.

Nothing was confirmed with regard to the content such as bonus and technical specifications (Lucas obliges, the discs should profit from a THX certification), but the distributor affirmed us that the adventures of the famous archaeologist will be available only out in a boxed set (not separately). It will be a four disc box including a disc filled with unannounced bonuses.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
if true...DROOOOOOLLLLL:eek:
Cant wait. Cant wait.
And on the subject, am I the only one whose favorite little scene in Raiders is whenMarion Flips the mirror and hits Indy in the chin, and you can hear the scream outside the ship
? I always found that little moment so damn funny.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
If paramount did announce plans for this in france. Then id assume we would hear about it very shortly in the United States. I will keep my fingers crossed that this is finally the real deal. But until Mr. Blythe or someone else can confirm this i will just shrug it off as another rumor.

TonyE

Stunt Coordinator
Indy rocks!

October 2003 seems so far away though.....

Bring on the specs!

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Well ... This is, indeed, tremendous news if true!!!
I thought we might get Raiders late next year; but to get all three in a single shot (and in just 13 months from now) is way beyond my expectations (especially after the public "potshots" that Paramount and LucasFilm took at each other regarding this franchise back in May of this year.)
Anyway, Indy fans the world over can rejoice that the apparent Blood Feud between LucasFilm and Paramount regarding this franchise is now seemingly over!!
Now ... Where can I place my Pre-Order????

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
will be available only out in a boxed set (not separately)
I'll be buying all 3 when they arrive, even though I'm not the biggest fan of Last Crusade. But I can see people getting annoyed that they won't be able to buy which one they choose to. I know lots of people that only like Raiders, they will probably be peeved if the above info is correct.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
As with Back To The Future, I will believe this only when it is unreasonable to not believe it any more. Only when the evidence is overwhelming. I'm not gonna get my hopes up yet again.
But we've been hearing bits and pieces for about a quarter now that 2003 might be the big year for the Indy films, so its no surprise to see such rumors continue. And it makes a lot of sense, too.
Also, as with BTTF trilogy, it also makes sense that they would release the entire series as a set first, thus "forcing " fans to pay more to buy them all, and later sell the individual DVDs separately to interested parties. More profit that way, for sure.
This one kinda feels right, but I won't get my hopes up until I see overwhelming official evidence that can't be denied. It doesn't have to come from Mr. Blythe in particular, but it does have to come. Keep in mind that the official site of Indy home video products, http://www.indianajones.com, is still pushing the release of the last round of VHS's! The only new thing they've added recently is a promo for the new PC/X-Box/PS2 videogame title, Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb. I recommend that everyone hang tight and wait before they get too excited about a DVD release!

Richard cash

Stunt Coordinator
not giving the fans the choice is unreasonalbe but if they are as cheap as back to the future then i really cant complain. I got BBTF for £17 so i dont care if they are keeping it as a trilogy at that sort of price.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Although Temple of Doom was weak, give me the entire boxset. It is interesting that this rumour has Lucas's name attached to it.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
if true
wow
htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I can't wait to see an announcement for these films. The features should be spectacular. I just want to own them though!

Jaxon's Dad

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug
Methinks this may be the special surprise Ron has promised us for Friday. We'll see.

"I don't know. I'm making this up as I go."

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
This is great news if true!!! Of course if no DTS, no purchase. Just Kidding.

One question, though, what would Lucas likely involvement be in the production of these DVDs? How much effort on his part is needed? What will the impact be on his ability to continue working towards the original SW trilogy on DVD?

I'll believe this when we see it for "real", but even if it was 3 barebones movies I'd be happy. I gave my VHS tapes to my sister almost 2 yeas ago in anticipation of an eventual release. Here's to hoping that it is priced like BTTF, regardless of the extras.......

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
Keep in mind that this news item is from nothing more than just another DVD web site. It's not from a news organization. That doesn't mean it's not true, but I remain skeptical.

I just did a search of Dow Jones Interactive, a subscription-based service for professionals that archives news stories from around the world. Doing a search for "Indiana Jones" and "DVD" turned up nothing new. Doing a search on the Deauville Festival turned up lots of interesting news items. But while there was an item about Sylvester Stallone announcing there that he was contemplating another Rambo film, for example, nothing was reported about Indiana Jones. It is worth noting that there was a story about Harrison Ford being honored for his work at the festival. You would think such an article would mention the DVD news in passing, but it didn't.

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
I don't believe it until I hear something from
  • an official news source (CNN, AP, etc.)
  • Ron
  • dvdfile.com
  • The Digital Bits
No offense, but a French DVD site is not enough for me.

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
Here is a web-based translation:

Enfin! After six long waiting years since the arrival of the support DVD, the trilogie Indiana Jones at last officially is announced in DVD. At the time of the festival of Deauville, Paramount unveiled a part of his planning 2003 (us there will return soon) that contained between other the casket Indiana Jones.

Has the example of the trilogie of the available Godfathers since the last year, it will be a matter of a world-wide exit in October 2003.

Nothing evidently is not validated in regards to the content of the bonus and technical specifications (Lucas obliges, the discs nevertheless should benefit from a labellisation THX), but the distributor asserted us that the adventures of the celebrates archaeologist will not be available that in casket (any disc to unity). It will be a matter of a casket 4 DVD: a disc by film and the last one reserved to the bonus.

After the trilogie of the Returns towards the future that will go out now in less than a month, and the announcement d'Indiana Jones, it will not remain more than a trilogie that will continue to kindle all lusts: the one of the first second trilogie of the War of the stars.

CraigL

Screenwriter
As much as I don't want to speculate...i think i might.

If the Godfather is to be a judge of how Paramount does a special edition, there really isn't anything NEW on that boxed set save a couple of featurettes.

So if there is only going to be one disc of extra features...I'm going out on a limb here to suggest that we're going to get the documentaries already released. There were two for Raiders, one for temple (never released on home video...why????) and one for last crusade (which annoyingly covered real life adventurers as well as the making of the newest film). Trailers...duh. I think there's two for each film (I've seen two each for the last two). Spielberg has already said that he's not doing commentaries. Ford has never done a commentary but I guess there's always a first. Lucas is a big fan of them so maybe we'll get him with a bunch of technical people but without Steven i see it as a bit pointless. There are a TON of deleted scenes for each film that i've been dying to see for quite some time. Please PLEASE let those be included.

The only thing that gives me hope is that The Godfather movies were quite long and each took up the entire DVD. Indy is a bit shorter and could possibly have some extras contained on each movie disc as well as that final disc.

I'm ALL for finally getting the movies on DVD in wonderful widescreen and fantastic 5.1. I'll be upset if we don't get what we've waited all these years for but judging from Paramounts past, I wouldn't be surprised if we only get the already released material.

Jaxon's Dad

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug
I have to respectfully disagree with CraigL regarding Paramount rehashing old material. When Forrest Gump was released as Paramount's first official special edition a year ago, the studio produced a ton of new material. Yes the previously-released "Through the Eyes..." documentary was also included, but this and the trailers were the only previously-released items on the Special Features disc. When it comes to fresh material, alot depends on Lucasfilm and what they are going to come up with. I think we can rest assured that Paramount will do everything within their power to make this set special.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks