What's new

Indiana Jones DVD Boxset - October 2003 (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Given that Godfather was prepared by Zoetrope and Coppola's own people, and that Lucasfilm does all of their own DVDs, I'd say that Godfather is not the basis you should be looking at for anything other than possible packaging

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm.... I just got the equipment necessary to get a clean video stream of my Indiana Jones widescreen VHS trilogy so that I could convert it to DVD. Maybe I'll wait a few weeks before I start the process.

Bob_L

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Lindstrom
Well, I sure hope that George Lucas And Steven Spielberg come to their senses and remove that HORRIBLE scene in "Raiders" where Indy shoots that innocent Arabian with the scimitar. Indy is a good guy -- just like Han Solo -- and he would NEVER shoot first. Especially if the guy just had a big sword.
And they should probably also eliminate the opening sequence because what Indy is doing is just simple theft of gold and he would NEVER do something like that.
And that whole Christian subplot with the Ark of the Covenant should probably go too because it is likely to offend non-Christian viewers and, anyway, the association between the Judeo-Christian religious artifact and the Nazis is an insult to Christians and Jews.
(Come to think of it, that grail business in the third movie should also be cut entirely. And what's all that demon worshipping stuff in the second movie about? Falwell's folks will probably boycott if that isn't excised.)
And come to think of it, the idea of a college professor who runs all over the world firing weapons, having premarital sex, and stealing relics diminishes the fine work that serious professors all over the world do. It would be a more admirable depiction of academia if most of those so-called adventure scenes were left on the cutting room floor and the film concentrated more on how Jones inspired his students and brought the ancient world to life for them.
With "E.T." and "Star Wars SE" Lucas and Spielberg have set a wonderful example of doing the right thing in correcting some of the gross errors they made in their past films. I hope they show the same sensitivity and responsibility in these new DVD editions of the Indiana Jones films.
I'm really looking forward to this release.
:rolleyes

Jaxon's Dad

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug
Don't hold back Bob, tell us how you really feel...:D
Seriously, I doubt that George and Steven will revise these movies simply because Star Wars and ET are geared to a young audience and, though I don't condone revisionism, I'm betting that George and Steven both feel a bit more responsibility to keep these films as kid-friendly as possible. This is most likely due to parenthood on both their parts. Now when you talk the Indiana Jones movies, these were never geared to children in the first place, though many kids saw them. Spielberg himself said that he wouldn't take a child (Can't remember what age - but it was young.) to see Temple of Doom - the film along with Gremlins that initiated the PG-13 rating, by the way. The've had plenty of opportunity to make numerous changes to these films over the years but have not chosen to do so. I understand the devotion to the original versions of Star Wars and ET, but I'm continually puzzled by insults hurled George's and Steven's way about changing all their films based upon their efforts to ensure, to their own individual satisfaction, that their kid-friendly films remain just that. I really don't think that we have anything to worry about with Indy, Schindler's List, Howard the Duck (George might just as well forget about this one altogether..), or Saving Private Ryan. Of course I could be wrong, but I doubt it...

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
Well, they did release a DTS laserdisc of Titanic, which as I recall, caused some waves when it came to distributing (Pioneer had the exclusive rights to distribute Paramount Home Video product, while Image Entertainment had exclusive rights to distribute all DTS discs). As far as I know, this is the only Paramount title to ever be released on DTS in any format.

-Lyle J.P.

DanR

Supporting Actor
It would be pretty rare, if not unprecedented, for a studio to officially announce a movie for a video release 13 months in advance. While I am optimistic for maybe Raiders on DVD next year, this "news" is nothing more than continued rumors. BFD.

Regards,
Dan

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
I would guess George probably figures that movie is already as good as it's going to get.
Not to take us to far off topic, but good point. Why don't directors screw with a movie that could actually benefit from some changes?

Chris S.

Binh Vu

Stunt Coordinator
as for BTTF, I just got an email from Columbiahouse today for pre-order. It's gonna be The Complete Trilogy (ws, Dolby, surround), includes over 10 hours of never-before-seen extras, deleted scenes.....

Official release is Dec-17-02, pre-order for $44.95

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I am not hear to promote piracy. However, an individual I know who is able to download all DVD rips (which usually appear on a particular site months before the official release) has gotten the Indy trilogy. Again, this site only gets copies of DVDs which are going to be released. These are always copies of the official (such as Episode II which is going around, etc.).

Given this, I think the French annoncement is probably true.

Also, considering Indy was just shown in HD, makes this very likely.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Dave, they ripped the Korean discs, they are off the LDs, fake anamorphic and fake 5.1

They are not the Indy DVDs whatsoever. If Lucasfilm IS working on them, I find it highly unlikely they'll have a final film master till at least spring

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Jeff,

He hasn't been able to get them yet, so I don't know. You could be right. I am curious to hear how they look. BTTF DVD rips have been available for some I hear.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks