What's new

House season 5 (2 Viewers)

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I'm slightly hoping but only if something comes of it. There's no point in showing he cares if he's just going to keep being a juvenile jerk about it. By something coming of it, I don't necessarily mean they become a couple. I'd settle for a bit of emotional honesty, whatever it is. Creating stink bombs and making furniture disappear are things I can do without. Yes, people "affected" can do strange things, but Cuddy is supposed to be the sensible and responsible one. The banter between them is starting to feel more like a bad episode of Scrubs to me. I also found the premise of secretly setting up a web site in House's name ludicrous, though I like the service itself and think it was industrious on his part. As an aside, I really should watch the Harold and Kumar movies one day.

I did enjoy the main case as well as the Foreman/13 scenes. And of course House is entertaining even when I think the situations are silly.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I can't believe there haven't been more leering posts on the women of the show this week. Let's get with the program, people. ;) Cuddy looked great. (I love that gray skirt, and that blouse with the ruffled shirt does something for her. Come to think of it, it does something for me.) And 13 just has one of the most incredibly beautiful faces I've ever seen. I'd watch an hour of her silently looking into the camera every week.

The only bad thing about this week's episode is that Cameron didn't get a lot of screen time.

Regards,

Joe

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H

I'm just assuming he did. Cuddy certainly believes he did. I honestly thought she was going to walk in on him getting a BJ from the actress. Why is she so hurt because he's talking to a pretty girl?? I just don't buy that a woman with the confidence of Cuddy, who knows how much of an ass House can be would be hurt by what she saw.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member

Confidence has nothing to do with it. If you have romantic feelings for someone, the last thing you want to see is him Mac'ing some PYT. Besides, I read her reaction as more a reaction to a bit of a cold water reminder of who house is. I don't think she was surprised in the slightest, she was just disappointed in herself that her feelings for him are causing her to hope for House to be something he isn't. If I could put words to her look, it would be more, "Yeah, that's exactly where he'd choose to be, and probably where he needs to be." So she left.

I mean, all jokes aside, he went totally crude on her in his office, and instead of any type of apology, offered up "Can you leave these?" as she turned to leave. Yeah, I'm sure guys think that's funny. It's funny as long as your see the show as a comedy. The moment you view it as a drama, it isn't so funny. In anything but a cartoon world, his actions were atrocious.

You know... I've had disagreements with folks here before about justifying House's actions, but in this case, no lives are at stake, so I don't even have to entertain the notion of looking past or explaining away his behavior. It's exactly why I didn't see that Cop that had a thing for him as the bad guy way back when. Karma. Sure House was going to eventually win that one (he's the star of the show), but I at least had my moments of seeing a jerk get jerked for awhile.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I think Mikah's right. Cuddy was coming away from her office feeling all warm and fuzzy about House and the amazing gesture of having her old desk taken out of storage and place in her office, and instead of the man she's starting to let herself believe he might be turning into, she finds House being House.

Which wouldn't have been surprising, either, especially since I'm pretty sure that was no actress. ;)

Regards,

Joe

mylan

Screenwriter
Mikah, I think you do have it exactly right, it was an extremely touching gesture to have the desk brought in for her and I cringed when Cuddy walked in on House "being House". That could have been quite a moment between them.
I realize that the dynamics of the show would change if ever House and Cuddy were to become an item but I see it as a natural progression of things. I think the show could evolve as the two continued to bicker about things as a couple.

Its almost like the X Files when you just wanted to scream "do it already Mulder, kiss her!!" but we never got any satisfaction with that either, at least until the movie came out.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Am I the only one who couldn't get over the fact that the fat girl pretty much had an awful life from the get-go, an awful experience under the care of House's team and then was thrown away so Cuddy could get her baby? Especially for a Christmas episode, that was a depressing ending.

The episode also went nowhere with House and his gifts to himself.

But I loved the last scene, where after torturing Cuddy through the whole baby process and spending the episode faking kindness, House finally did the kind, simple thing.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

I believe that post contains a typo. Shouldn't that be, "Die Foreman! Die!"?
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
(Lucky bastard. Can't wait until House finds out.)

Regards,

Joe

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Yeah, I didn't like Foreman swappin' spit with 13 at all! Mostly cuz i'm petty and jealous lol, i'd give my right arm to make sweet sweet love to that woman.

Yes, the little girl got the shaft large, I felt so bad for her just so Cuddy could get her child. It just seemed cruel for lack of a better word.

And did you guys get a load of Lori Petty!? :eek: My goodness she looks horrid, she went from being really hot in Point Break to looking like she's 70 years old! I know some of that was done with make-up but dayum.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

I think (hope?) that was mostly makeup. But then, she never really did it for me, even during her allegedly hot period. OTOH I thought Sherilyn Fenn looked nice. I don't think I've seen her in anything since her stint as a recurring character on Gilmore Girls.

Regards,

Joe

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Well, you'd expect her to be married to at least a prince, what with being a goddess and all...
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

But, alas, it turns out her husband is not, technically, a prince. His brother is. Tao Ruspoli is the second son of the 9th Prince of Cerveteri. His brother Francesco became the 10th Prince following their father's death in 2005. In 1709 Pope Clement XI elevated an earlier Francesco Ruspoli, then Marquis of Cerveteri, to the status of Prince, in appreciation for Ruspoli's military support of the Papal States.

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks