What's new

House season 5 (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Trippy ending, I feel a little sad that most of that wasn't real.

Can someone please tell me what happened in the last few seconds of the episode? My DVR cut-off just as House was walking up to the church.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

Not a church.

The sign over the door, "Mayfield Psychiatric Hospital".

House walked in by himself and was met by several staff at the door.
Wilson stood next to the car as House turned and they exchanged a long look and House went in.
This action was interwoven with the wedding scene.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
There were three "staff" on the steps of the hospital waiting to meet House: two guys in scrubs (I took them to be psychiatric nurses or orderlies, less likely doctors) and a blonde woman in a black suit. Hosptical administrator? Psychiatrist? All were facing the camera, but they were shot from too far away to see their faces. After a cut back to Wilson we see House on the steps from somewhat closer. He is passing the blonde woman, who now has her back to us, and he walks up to the two men, who turn and walk into the hospital with House, while the blonde brings up the rear.

Question to chew on over the hiatus: Was the blonde really there? Or was that Amber again? ;) No one visibly interacts with her. :D

I thought it was a great episode (really a great pair of episodes), especially since so little of it was imaginary. All of House's interactions with Wilson and Cuddy in the hospital were real, for instance. (Cuddy's references to "what happened last night" were all to House's verbal attack on her, and Wilson believed House's account of events.) The only thing that rang slightly false to me was something from the scene in Cuddy's office, where House interrupts her meeting with Wilson and switches coffee cups with her.

Wilson obviously sees House make the switch. Now, Wilson has no way of knowing that House is going to use the cup for some kind of testing. He does know that House has a history of secretly dosing his nearest and dearest with all sorts of interesting drugs when the spirit moves him. There is no way that he should have let Cuddy drink from the cup House left her. For all he knew House had laced it with amphetimines or other drugs to aid in his quest to make Cuddy angry. He couldn't warn Cuddy without breaking his promise to House, but he certainly could have "accidentally" spilled it all over her desk and bought her a fresh cup. A small point, but it bugged me.

Regards,

Joe

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If it was Amber, she'd been in a white lab coat, and her hair would be straight. The blonde at the funny farm wasn't wearing a lab coat, and had wavy hair.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Just an amazing end of the season. I was quite shocked that House thought he detoxed but was still taking the pills while thinking he was carrying around Cuddy's lipstick. Kutner showing up as a vision was another big surprise.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H

How right you were! :D

How many seasons does this show really have left? 1? 2? I'd like to see next season revolve around him attempting to deal with the pain. No more vicodin. Then, I think I'd like it to end with them taking his leg. After all this, to finally give in and lose the leg. Then, the final season could be him adjusting and becoming sort of 'reborn' and realizing he can still have a good life and be House without the leg or the pain.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Take his leg for what? As far as I can remember, there's nothing physically dangerous in his leg, it's just painful, either when he uses it, or all the time. I'm pretty sure the show has said the level of pain he thinks he's in isn't the same as the level of pain he's actually in. Either way, you amputate because the limb is dying/dead and presents a danger to the rest of your body, not because there's some manageable pain. House still uses his leg.

Hopefully the audience doesn't start expecting an end game for House. The show will continue as long as they have interesting stories to tell and the audience sticks around to see them. I'm not bored with the show. Awhile back, the House character was almost a total turn off for me, but these days, I think they've balanced the insensitive side of this brilliant character (for the most part).

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

A walk?
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Joe

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

I'm pretty sure that House has hallucinated Amber in clothing other than a white lab coat and with more than one hairstyle. (Which she also had in life.)

Regards,

Joe

P.S.

I'm not saying that it is Amber. I just find the possibility amusing, especially since it would be such a subtle clue if that's where they're going. Otherwise chances are that the woman was the hospital director or an attending shrink.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The ending also proved that the detiorating look was a deliberate artistic choice; compare the scenes with House to his memories of the last episode and the wedding scene without House. The last two are leaps and bounds more colorful than the House "reality" scenes.

So while it was intellectually compelling, I felt it was emotionally lazy. And was I the only one who thought Carl Reiner was a right-brain hallucination?

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I disagree that the ending was a cop-out. Most of the events were real, and those that weren't were emotionally real. House didn't confess his love to Cuddy or have a wild night of passion with her - but he admitted to himself how badly he wanted that. And he admitted it to Wilson.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Meanwhile, how's this for a headline?

Olivia Wilde is so Sexy Even Megan Fox Wants Her

Line forms to the rear, Meg. :D

Who knew that all it took was threatening to strangle some poor farm animal? If the casting director for House doesn't find a way to get Megan Fox on the show next year, preferably for sweeps, he or she should be horsewhipped.

While we're waiting for the show's return, Olivia did a photo shoot for GQ (I may actually have to pick up a copy) and you can find links to some of the pictures and a video here.

Regards,

Joe

Joe_H

Screenwriter

Is that a big deal? I mean, the fifth season is the one that we finished watching a few months ago, right?

Edit: Though, very happy to read that he's going to be following up his book sometime this year. It was a very good book that I suspect might've been published even had he not already been famous.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
The basic thing is that if anyone was wondering about spoilers they are really just for what we just saw. There is other interesting information in the article.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks