What's new

House season 5 (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I agree 100%. His antics, first at the rest stop and later with the police car, would be enough to kill most friendships from the get-go. House is awful to Wilson, and the only reason Wilson seems like a dick now is because we've seen him put up with it for so long.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Hell, I burned this ep to a dvd so that I can A-B repeat that scene. :D

Great showcase for 13 last night in more ways than the obvious, Olivia Wilde really showed her acting chops.

How did you guys interperate House' reaction to Cuddy's news at the end? I really had a hard time reading him there.

I want to say he upset but why? Was it because he was hurt that Cuddy went to Wilson and not him or because he fears change and he's afraid this will change Cuddy?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Because he fears change. On some level, he despises himself, and therefore believes that he's constantly on the verge of losing what he cares about. Any significant change is a threat to the hallowed status quo. And then he's snarky to cover for it.

I was more fascinated by his actions toward 13. Presumably he set her up with the one night stand when he thought they were both terminal. Why would he do that for 13, find her a partner in dying, if he doesn't care about people? On the rare occasion that House does something nice, I'm always trying to figure out why.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
He fears/hates change. But, he also cares about Cuddy. I think he's pissed she didn't come to him.

You SHOULD be asking why when he does kind things. But, I love that he does them very subtly. If he didn't, he'd be totally unlikeable.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I wonder if this is still going to be on tonight, with the baseball game last night being partly rained out and having to be resumed. Anyone know?

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Except the rain is supposed to threaten the resumption of last night's game. Fox.com still has the "all-new" House listed. I'd guess they wouldn't show a new House even if it is raining at 8 PM EDT tonight, but you never know.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I think it's become obvious he has been ruthlessly hard on her over this because he has always wanted it to be his child. I think he's always had a thing for her.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I can't believe no one has mentioned the big smooch between House and Cuddy! That's akin to Scully finally laying one on Mulder.

I was surprised to learn that Madeline Zima (Californication) had a sister, when I saw her name in the opening credits I thought it might be a sibling of hers but as soon as they showed her there was no doubt.

mylan

Screenwriter

I saw the article on Yahoo yesterday with the title " OMG they finally did it" so it was slightly spoiled for me. I didn't read the article but I assumed did it meant really "did it" so when they only kissed it was anti-climatic.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
It being a pretty big Dog to take advantage of a woman who is clearly an emotion wreck like he did.

I am starting to really not like him anymore. Before he was mean just because that was the way he was, but now he seems to go out of his way to be mean. I don't like this change. It makes it even harder to watch him.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Madeline Zima (who I remember from "The Nanny") comes from a show-biz family. Her youngest sister Yvonne played Dr. Greene's daughter until the role was recast in 2000. It was the middle sister Vanessa, who first starred in The Baby-Sitters Club in 1995, who played the pregnant mom on Tuesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks