What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Heroes - Season Four ("Redemption") (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
The song the kids were singing didn't register till the scene ended and I was like oh crap....."George isn't at home, so leave a message".

Question, does Peter know that Sylar is Nathan? I thought he did but now I'm not sure.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Re: Todd's major spoiler: I haven't been watching the new season (waiting for the DVDs) but unless the writers have magically managed to split Sylar and Nathan the politician ("flying man") into two people, Nathan is most likely dunzo. I mean they can't fire Spock, can they? He's too popular an actor. But Nathan's been on borrowed time since he died in the previous season.

It could be Mohindar, except they're saying it is a major character, and Mohindar hasn't been a major character since season one.

LynxFX

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ole Oleson
Originally Posted by Joe_H /forum/thread/289379/heroes-season-four-redemption/90#post_3617089

"Believe it or not, George isn't at home. Please leave a message at the beep..."
I immediately started singing that! :D

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Will, I don't personally care, but why are you speculating out of spoilers? The way Todd did it, there's no way to even know the topic of the spoiler.

We used to enjoy this commercial in college. I didn't know until a couple of days ago that it was Larter.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm getting old, too, but that's from about 15 years ago. It was frequently on MTV back in the days of Beavis & Butt-Head and actual music videos.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H

Knepper elevates things.
Yeah, he does. I'm still way more interested in seeing what he does than the characters that I like (such as HRG or Hiro).

I live in the northeast of the country but even this Yankee had to laugh out loud at the ridiculously over the top Southern redneck cop stereotypes. A deputy participates in dragging a 17 year old boy to his death (was the town lynchin' tree already being used to string up civil rights workers?) and even the media doesn't care? On a show where I have no problem accepting people flying around or have invulnerability, that's absurd. The only thing that would have made it even funnier is some big buck teeth for all the cops.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The last three episodes have actually done a damn good job of involving me in the story and keeping me interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisR

I live in the northeast of the country but even this Yankee had to laugh out loud at the ridiculously over the top Southern redneck cop stereotypes. A deputy participates in dragging a 17 year old boy to his death (was the town lynchin' tree already being used to string up civil rights workers?) and even the media doesn't care?
It had just happened. Likely the other cops didn't even know the deputy was involved. Before any further action could be taken, the carnival ringleader brought the station to the ground, killing everybody inside. If the boy's dragging death does get reported on, it'll likely be tied into the larger apparent act of terrorism.

You also have to accept that the world "Heroes" plays in has always been somewhat more over-the-top than the real world, and increasingly so in the last two seasons.

Shane D

Supporting Actor
i realized the other day this season is the most like season 1 we've had. Its meandering and taking its time building up to a climax, each little piece being laid out instead of rushing bam bam bam every plot point like season 2 and 3 did. now whether or not the pay off will be worth it remains to be seen.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt
I'll give you that the time between the kid's murder and the destruction of the police station is brief but since he dissapeared from the police station and was murdered, the police had to know that one of their own was involved (and I guess they were waiting to wash the murder blood away until the media did arrive). Even letting that slide, the dumb southern cop stereotype was so ridiculous that I'm surprised that they didn't say "We don't take kindly t' folks wit' powers 'round these parts!" or [South Park]"Those people wit' powers are gunna take our jobs!"[/South Park]

For what it's worth, I actually didn't mind the rest of the episode.

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
I'm liking this season more than the last two. IMHO, I think the show would be in much better shape now if we'd gotten something like this as Season 2 instead of what we did get.

And as a Southerner, I have to say that the lynching was too over the top even for this show. That stereotype is decades out of date. Someone was just taking a cheap shot.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Tim Tucker

And as a Southerner, I have to say that the lynching was too over the top even for this show. That stereotype is decades out of date. Someone was just taking a cheap shot.
I wouldn't say decades. I would agree that the show often doesn't take the most nuanced view of things; "Smallville" went through a similar dumbing down over the years.

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
The writers were definitely referencing the James Byrd murder. What's decades out of date is police involvement in such reprehensible acts.

Which is not to say that the police do not sometimes abuse their authority, but such blatant acts are almost unheard of since the end of the '60s.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Yeah, but at the same time they did all watch the kid kill someone just by touching him. I'm not sure that anybody would react rationally in a situation like that.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I don't know if I'd react rationally, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't tie him up (knowing he could kill me by touching me) and drag him behind my vehicle. Because I'm not an animal. And doing something like that ultimately says far more about the person who did it than the person who was violated. Not to mention he's a sworn officer of the law. You know, a peacekeeper. I was so turned off by what I saw that I half hoped with his dying breath, the boy touched the officer and took him with him. Sure T-Bag basically did the same thing, but he took a lot of "innocent" people with him.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Early, and unsubstantiated, rumblings this may be Heroes - http://airlockalpha.com/node/6824 - last season.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks