What's new

Hell's Kitchen Season 4 (1 Viewer)

JoshRas

Stunt Coordinator
Im not getting PC, Im not really that way but I just thought it was a wrong statement on your part, but we're all entitled to our opinons.

However, I actually think her personality is one of the best on the show. The girl who nomimated obviously sees her as a threat to winning. Even Ramsey must not think she is so bad if she picked out the other woman to get the boot.

So what does an Executive Chef do? To be honest, so far, these chefs pretty clueless and I cant imagine them playing such an important role at Ramseys restaurant.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
What the heck is up with that guy Matt?? Everytime Ramsey gets upset. It looks like he is going to cry...

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Matt continues to being a crybaby
and now has temper tantrum issues

Jason is a complainer and a quiter

Craig, a chef for 13yrs can't even cut a chicken into 8 pieces.
and also has trouble making bacon.

I thought it was funny when the guys learned of the girls in the hot tub, and two of them said, "no one would be interested" then the next scene is Jason hitting on them, "Hey ladies" very funny!

It was surprising to see Aaron again.
I find it strange though, that the girls know who Aaron is, but they don't know whats expected of them from the show(like they've never seen the show before)

Rosann charbroiling the meat and the pan.

and poor Venessa looks like she better get a college education or a new skill, if this is the only thing she knows how to do

and I learned something today.
Turtles move slow during child birth :)

and next week they better install sound proof glass with kids in the presence of Ramsey

James Lee

Stunt Coordinator
I'm glad Jason is gone. He talks big crap but that's it. He's all talk and no action, quitting like a 4 year old kid. Plus he's a knuckle-dragging chauvinist of cro-magnon proportions. Good riddance, you meathead.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, none of them are paticularly great. I guess Corey is moderately attractive when out of her kitchen garb. But I do like how their attempt to whore it up was largely blown off by the men. I don't count Jason, because he's just a fish in a barrel for that kind of trick. I can't imagine he has any kind of success with women. Still if it were me, I wouldn't have given away any information until, at the very least, tops came off.

Also did I hear Ramsay call the black guy a "jack off"? If so, I'm surprised it got through unbleeped.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial

In Canada we can, on one feed, watch the show (and the Kitchen nightmares, UK and US) uncensored. This week, one of the uncensored kitchen nightmares from the UK actually had one word bleeped out. I'm pretty sure I know what it was, too (the "F-word" for being gay). No real point here, just thought of that when you mentioned something getting past the censors.

In a similar vein, when you watch it uncensored, the swearing isn't nearly as noticable (I don't mind it anyway, after all, they're only words).

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
It's a fun show to watch, but it seems odd that the "prize" is to get to work for someone who's such an ass.

> Plus he's a knuckle-dragging chauvinist of cro-magnon proportions.

Yeah, I never got his "we're gonna win cause we're men" comments when the task is cooking.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
There needs to be a Surgeon General's warning shown before this show comes on. There is so much smoking that I swear I saw 2nd hand smoke coming out of my TV.

I would hate for a chain smoker to make food for me. I would always feel like I would find ash or a cigarette but in my food. Plus, with the way smoking kills ones sense of taste, I would wonder if they actually knew what their food tastes like.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
None of these contestants are real chefs. How incompetant can they all be? Even to run a station in a kitchen. My daughter watches Top Chef and those contestants would run rings around this group of burger flippers.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial

The overt draw of the show is, of course, entertainment. However, given how Ramsay is in Kitchen Nightmares (both versions), he definately seems to like finding "diamonds in the rough," which is sort of how he found himself in the field -- if I recall, he was a "troubled youth" who found relief in cooking.

It seems to me that outside the entertainment value, Ramsay is looking for someone he can, at least somewhat, mold (no pun intended) into his vision of a chef. There must be something satisfying to take someone who can barely run a veg station, and have them actually running a sucessful restaurant a few years later.

James Lee

Stunt Coordinator
In seasons past, it was always the risotto that screwed them up. I didn't realize risotto was that hard to make. This season it seems like they have risotto down pat. It's everything else that screws them up. One guy can't cook salmon. One girl can't cook beef. Another guy can't make souffle. What kind of cooks are these people??

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Corey was being little Miss Lazy.

It was so funny seeing Jen pump that turning crank on the pasta machine.
Matt moping again after the pasta loss

and bring the kids to Hell's Playground! :)

This week Craig said that cooking pasta isn't rocket science, but he had trouble cooking bacon last week. and yet we see later on that Craig CAN'T cook pasta either.
Then has temper, almost burning his hand like Vanessa and completely ignoring everyone, including Chef Ramsey.

and I LOVED that turn around compliment on Ben from Chef Ramsey that totally made Ben look like a moron.

and for some reason it seems like Louross is hiding in the shadows.

and THANK GOD Craig left.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Probably the Louross’s low profile was an editing choice. True enough he only had a small amount of camera time, but he was outspoken when they chose to show him. With three guys up for exiting on the men’s side, plus the Corey/Jen stuff on the women’s, there is not a lot of time left for those who just did their jobs.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I had wanted that little tiny chef (Craig) to get the boot from the moment they showed him wearing that stupid chefs hat.

Talk about someone with a "short man's complex". He has to know that if you are 5 foot zero, wearing a 1 foot tall hat doesn't make you look like you are 6 foot tall. He looked like a tiny Keebler chef or something.

Glad he got the boot.

Can someone refresh my memory about Ben. What exactly has he done that has Gordon really gunning for him? I know he suffered pre-mature exuberation, but I don't think that was worth the contempt that Ramsay has shown him. Has Ben actually done something wrong while cooking?

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Of course in this episode, Ben was guilty of premature celebration. Otherwise in a previous episode he did a poor job of cooking salmon (he got it wrong even after he had been corrected by Gordon).

WillG

Senior HTF Member
It looks like the men just can't seem to catch a break. They just keep getting beaten by the women. But, yeah, Craig had to go, that guy was a disaster. It would have been interesting to see the men win the pasta with them going to the Santa Monica Pier. Would there have been footage of them all on the scrambler and the ferris wheel together.

Also, is it such a great idea to have one of you chefs outside shoveling horseshit before the dinner service. I mean, I'm sure he cleans up before going back to work in the kitchen, but it still seems unappealing.

Another thing, I kind of find it funny how the entertainment industry and L.A. does all that preaching about going green and driving hybrid cars and all and yet they use stretch Hummers as transportation for the reward. Maybe the fact that it was Earth Day yesterday got me thinking about that.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

A skill I imagine is pretty important to have as a chef.

Speaking of which, I loved how Ben and the other guy up for elimination were trying to outbid each other on the totally arbitary percentage of effort they would give. One of them might as well have said "I'll give you a billion percent"

James Lee

Stunt Coordinator
This season is a bigger trainwreck than any of the past seasons. What's different this time around is how anti-team everyone is from the get go. The in-fighting and bickering among teammates is off the charts!

That Matt guy is as creepy as they come. His facial expressions make him looks like an axe murderer.

Judging from how utterly dysfunctional the men's team is, I would expect the season will be won by one of the women.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks