What's new

Hell's Kitchen Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Since it was me that derailed this topic, I guess I should chime in.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

When I talked about "real" food, I was thinking about food that is filling, satisfying and at a reasonable price. I wasn't really taking about "real" as in not fake. Although the food in the picture I posted is fake in my eyes. That food in the picture was more about art and show, than about consumption.

I guess I am just not into the fancy stuff. Plus, I simply can't see spending more than $20 for a meal. I bet there is nothing under $20 at any of Ramsay's restaurants.

Having said all this, I will admit that Gordan Ramsay is probably one of the few big time chefs that I think understands that food is more than show. I watch him on Kitchen Nightmares (English version) and he does seem to actually like foods closer to what I would actually like.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Also, from the plates we've seen on the show, it seems to me that the portion sizes of the dishes are actually pretty hefty. The risotto in particular looks quite filling, as does the beef wellington (if you can manage to get one that isn't burnt
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
).

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
LOL--you'd probably have a better chance of getting one that isn't burnt than you would a crab cake cooked by a particular Season Three chef who happens to share the same first name as yours. ;)

Sorry--couldn't help myself...
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks