What's new

Hell's Kitchen Season 4 (2 Viewers)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Matt got some vindication tonight. He was able to deliver in the "palate" reward challenge and according to Ramsay made "The best risotto to ever be served in Hell's Kitchen" I'm happy for him, because I'm kind of rooting for him a little bit because I feel bad for him for the way the others treat him. Not too sorry to see Ben go. That guy's a total jerk. Looks like Jen could be on thin ice with Ramsay, he was getting real pissed off at her "attitude" (which makes me think I wasn't too far off the mark with my read on her earlier in this thread)

The preview for next week looks quite interesting

It "appears" that one of the contestants cut the tip off his/her finger and it ends up in the food that they are cooking

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Meat free(fake meat) dishes..ick!

Matt saying that the beef tasted liked cat.
"Not that I've had cat before"

Louross is a horrible blind folded taste tester.

Matt Vs. Ben in the taste test!
But I wouldn't compare them to the Yankees Vs Red Sox and Tyson Vs. Holyfield.
Matt pulled through for the red team and pissed off Ben
Matt gets a facial and pedicure :)
VERY funny indeed.

Ben has to serve Matt and the girls ice tea, which probably pissed him off more.

Jen was being a baby after Ramsey scolded her.

And I think this is the first time Matt is actually smiling, when Ramsey was laying it into Ben.

Ramsey LOVED Matt's Risotto

Ben was a complete mess in the kitchen.
Jen and Rosann prove they just don't follow directions.

THANK GOD Ben is the one to leave this week.

Petrozza loves repeating what he says.

and next week, does someone cut the tip of their finger off into the food?

Does anyone listen to Nowhere in Mulberry podcast?
Well, every week they talk about Hell's Kitchen
and pretty much think the show is mindless entertainment.

they had an idea of taking one chef from Kitchen Nightmares and putting them in Hell's kitchen.
I think this is a fantastic idea.

James Lee

Stunt Coordinator
That was simply priceless to see Matt get sweet vindication watching Ben's sorry smart mouth get the boot. Ben really was all smack talk and taking away his whipping boy exposed him as the fraud he was.

Matt shouldn't get too comfortable though. Despite Ben's badgering, Matt wasnt exactly a shining star in previous weeks.

I am amazed that these "cooks" collectively have such a hard time cooking meat and fish. Constant under-cooking of meat seems like a pretty basic mistake.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Matt cuts the tip of his finger off and can't be found.

John Paul kept taunting Jen, and When asked Jen if she's going to be bitchy the whole day, you can see Bobby smiling and nodding his head. very funny.

and for some strange reason Patrozza cuts the meat in half right before serving it.

The red team is REALLY falling flat.

And Jen gets annoying gain

Glad to see Roseann leave.
Thought it was funny he put her back in line, thinking she was safe after the nomination

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
So where did the fingertip go? Didn't the promo promise us it was found mixed in with food (and possibly even served to someone)?

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
His finger tip was cut off in the challenge, not the nightly service - and only Ramsey ate the challenge food...so perhaps he ate it.

They showed a pile of cut meat on a cutting board. They didn't show them actually using the meat that Matt cut...

James Lee

Stunt Coordinator
Geez, smack talking Ben gets eliminated and Jen picks up the job of resident big mouth. She really needs to shut the hell up. Louross should have walked over and smacked her in the back of her head. I kind of felt bad for the guy. It seemed like he was pressured to add the veal to his dish, which never was intended to be combo surf and turf.

I laughed hard at the part where Matt cut three different sizes of meat. Small, medium and large and Ramsey gave him crap for papa, mama and little baby. LOL.

Thank god Roseann was put out her misery. She couldn't cook meat or fish. Then she proved she couldn't cook vegetables. Not much of a cook.

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
There is something about Jen that I just...can't...stand!!! I really hope she is not the eventual winner - I probably wouldn't check out the L.A. restaurant just because of that. Bobby may have some cooking skills, but he and the rest of the blue team are just terrible communicators. I also think the guy is way too full of himself. Corey, while not what I would call a solid citizen, is probably my pick to win at this point. To be honest, none of the chefs have shown me that they have what it takes to run Chef's restaurant and be successful.

James Lee

Stunt Coordinator
The problem with Jen is that the whole world revolves around her and she can do no wrong, and she has to tell everyone this by SHOUTING constantly. Really, she makes my head hurt.

From what I remember from past seasons, someone won't really stand out from the pack of misfits until the two teams merge, although I agree that so far no one has shown much.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Jen has pretty much turned out to be exactly how I pictured she would be. I have had experience with women like her in the past and she is barely and different. With her "No one disrespects me!" Come off it, everyone is disrespected sometimes. And her "My shit doesn't stink" persona and her "never wrong and will just keep arguing until she knows she is wrong and then will just end the arguement" and her completely whooping it up when her former team failed. I don't mean to sound prejudiced, but she hasn't done much to break the stereotype.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Roseann should have been off the show a while ago. I'm not even sure why she was on -- she can't cook, her voice sounds like a car alarm, and she isn't even entertaining in an obnoxious way -- she was a wallflower throughout. Plus, she looked like a rat.

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator

I am in complete agreement about Jen. She is unbelievably annoying and if I was forced to work with her might just quit myself.

The only contenders I can see for actually winning this thing are probably Corey and Petrozza. Bobby might actually have some skills, but is way too full of himself to pull it off. Petrozza is probably the only one left who seems to have enough skill and be level-headed enough to make it all the way through to the finals.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
The blue team was all upset with Louross for not going with the veal and not lying to Gordon. They basically came up to him as he was finishing up his "creation" and expected him to just toss it on top!!!

They were all ganging up on him and yet Louross didn't say "Why didn't YOU put it on YOUR dish?"

I don't get why he just took it. I would have snapped!!! I would also have called out Jen for trying to make me lie about it.

And she had the nerve to be mad at him. LOL

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> The blue team was all upset with Louross for not going with the veal and not lying to Gordon. They basically came up to him as he was finishing up his "creation" and expected him to just toss it on top!!!

I'm thinking Gordon wouldn't be fooled if someone lied about the number of ingredients used, and throwing the veal on wouldn't necessarily have won the challenge for them. The real problem was that they didn't agree at the start who was going to use what.

Walter Feddern

Stunt Coordinator
My favourite Ramsey line from the episode (after no one can find the fingertip):

"I guess its a 21 item challenge now"

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I hate it how all these competitions have to end in ties.

Chef Ramsey gives a dish without sauce a win
then when it came down to the tie breaker, he gives the chicken dish without sauce a lose. Then says I can't eat two food dishes without sauce.
If you can't eat the dish without sauce, why did you give it a win.
He gave it just to end in a tie and have a climatic moment for a commercial break.

And this episode was "Let's see how annoying, bratty Jen can get"

Jen took control of basically everything, including a ghastly menu creation.

But I think Louross should have spoke up about the dislike of the menu, when Ramsey asked the first time.

After Jen's rant about Bobby calling her "honey"
It would have been funny if Chef Ramsey called her "Honey" after telling her to shut her kitchen down, from the raw Soufflé.

Louross is gone.
But I'd much rather have Matt or Jen

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter

Agreed. I find it extremely annoying. I figure the competition is deliberately set to a tie.

I thought this would be the week that Matt would be gone. Up until this episode, I was not surprised that he escaped elimination, because the other chefs were just that much worse. He'll probably end up lasting longer than Bobby.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks