What's new

Hell's Kitchen - Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Jeff Pug

Stunt Coordinator
I was suprised the nanny made it to the finals and Odo got the boot. It was great to have chef say " roc you are going ...to the finals". Looking forward to them all coming back to work for the finalists.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I think the "nanny" thing was some creative editing by the show and some deception from Bonnie to help stay less of a threat.

This last episode they made much more references to her being a personal chef. If she did push the nanny angle to gain an advantage, it worked. Turns out it was a good plan for her.

Dave Gorman

Supporting Actor
Nanny or otherwise, I have to wonder if she isn't in tight with one of the producers or something. There's no way she should be in the final two. Unless Rock completely implodes, it shouldn't even be a contest -- for what it's worth.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I caught the repeat of last week's episode, which I missed. I can't believe that Bonnie has made it to the finals. I thought she would have been the 3rd female gone, and now, she could end up being the winner.

Now, with the 2 finalists picking out their team, I can say that this will be a recipe for disaster for both teams. The question is... which team will have the bigger disaster? I'd say Rock's team, because 2 of the guys are terrible.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Julia is making me mad. She went further than anyone would have guessed, she gets a free ride to culinary school and yet she is still bitter and spiteful about not winning.

She is acting like a sore loser.

I didn't hear Gordon tell Jen she would get a free ride to school, and yet she doesn't seem bitter at all.

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
Rock is going to end up loosing....when these 2 exact teams went head-to-head.....the girls completed the service, and the guys imploded....Josh is just terrible (notice he was the last to be picked....) - he screws up everything. The other guys are not much better. At least some of the girls don't completely suck...Bonnie is just an air head - so hopefully having her in charge will even the field a little bit....

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
IMHO, Rock is a shoe-in regardless of the service. There is no way that Gordon would pick Bonnie to run a place. I think she is just there as fodder.

I think that Gordon has know that Rock was going to be his choice before the competition even started.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
The editing of the show last night makes me believe that Rock is going to win. Seems like the editors are making the menu choice, the restaurant design from Bonnie to be much more organized than Rock's and it seems the editors are trying to make it look that Rock is not prepared and unorganized. This leads me to believe that Rock is going to win this one.

Jay

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
The fact that they showed Rock with his kids means he's going to win -- the "sweet daddy" moment is meant to override our lingering impressions from his temper tantrum way back.

Jeff Pug

Stunt Coordinator
When they all came back I said to my wife " I would pick Julia she is the best one" right before she broke down.

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
The problem I have is the "2-part" finale. Not only did they waste 1 hour by replaying the previous episode, but they spent half of the first finale episode recapping the series so they can bring back most of the group as teammates. This is really stretching for Neilsen points. This could have been accomplished as a single 90-minute finale. I wasted 2 hours waiting for something interesting.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Looking forward to the finale tonight. I think Bonnie will end up winning, only because Rock has 2 guys on his team, that can't do anything right.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Well, I guess the leak a couple of months ago of who won was true. It sort of took the suspense out for me, but it was still fun.
The leak only shows how hard it is to keep this info safe when all those people are there.

Rock did deserve it. He seems to have what it takes.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Well, I'm 0-for-2 in picking the winner (I didn't see season 1). Rock did show that he was the more capable, being able to complete the dinner service despite having a team member messing up all the time. I don't know, but it seems like Josh is too nervous and tries too hard not to fail. Best of luck to Rock.

Glad to hear that there will be a season 4. I don't know if Kitchen Nightmares will be any good.

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator

Kitchen Nightmares has been airing on BBC for 3 or 4 seasons now ... (they're currently showing season 3 on BBC America). It's an interesting concept, and some of the restaurants he visits are in *serious* need of help. It's hard to believe a lot of them are actually getting any customers after you see some of the things that happen in the kitchen,etc .... Gordon seems to be a little more restrained in his outbursts with the actual "real" chefs, but from the ads I've seen for the U.S. version, it seems like he'll have his usual Hell's Kitchen persona (probably because that's what U.S. audiences are used to seeing from him.)

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

I actually like KITCHEN NIGHTMARES more than HELL'S KITCHEN (which I love). Seeing it come to the US will be a good thing.

However, I don't know if it has been mentioned, but according to TV Guide, Ramsay is being sued by one of the restaurant owners who claims the show was all staged and acted out. So, I don't know what to think of it now.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Josh still thinks he can cook!

Found it off that Bonnie would run out of food, do they have to pay for their ingredients or do they have a budget? Must be kind of embarrassing to run out of the ingredients in your "signature" dish! Anyway, thought it was a good episode and my prediction was right on with Rock.

Jay

MikeM

Screenwriter
Kitchen Nightmares is a much better show than Hell's Kitchen, so I too am really looking forward to the US version. As for the lawsuit for it being "stanged" I don't really think it's staged necessarily even by the claims in the lawsuit:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...allegedly.html

The lawsuit claims that they hired actors at the end to visit the resturant afterwards to make it appear more successful. However, if you watch the BBC version, they often say how they "rounded up" people to fill the restaurant on Valentine's day or Mother's Day or whatever to see if the staff was up to snuff. If they neglected to say that the producers were responsilve for filling the restaurant in the "after" segement, that to me isn't a big deal at all. If they added mice, bugs, and all sorts of problems at the start that didn't exist, then THAT would be totally faked, etc.

I'm looking forward to the US version, as I have the entire British version on DVD and it's one of my favorite shows on TV. (Ramsay's F-word sucked to me though.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks