What's new

Hell's Kitchen - Season 3 (1 Viewer)

MikeM

Screenwriter
Can't for this guilty pleasure show of mine.

But does anyone know if this will be in HDTV?
I saw some previews for it and it looked like it was in HD, but the guide data I saw for the premiere didn't show it as HD.

Anyone know?

phil-w

Stunt Coordinator
I have read that it is going to be in "Fox Widescreen", which I believe is a SD widescreen. I am holding out hope that it will be HD as well.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I missed season 1, but started watching at the start of season 2, when I was flipping through channels and this caught my interest. Been hooked since, and looking forward to tonight.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
We are all a bunch of useless Donkeys for watching this. :)

So stop crying and tune in tonight.

I also hope it is in HD.

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator
Truly a guilty pleasure of mine as well .... Gordon makes Simon Cowell look like a teddy bear sometimes. :)

TwoKings

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
I love this show. I never saw the first season, only the 2nd and I wish they would put them out on DVD here as well as Gordan Ramsays kitchen nightmares.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Yea, Kitchen Nightmares was a good show. It make me very frightened of eating at any restaurant in England. At least the ones they showed him going to were horrible.

As far as Hell's Kitchen goes, I like it, but there are usually some contestants that get on my nerves and I want to see get the boot. At least on this show, Gordon makes all the choices. I am sure he is aware of everything that goes on (including in the dorm) so I don't think someone can "sneak" by.

I hope they gives us a status update on last year's winner. I wonder if she was up to the task?

TwoKings

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
I died laughing during this episode with the asian guy and the cowboy hat...and the crying.

This year's contestants are the worst yet...horrible all around. I have not found anyone so far who I can side with unlike last season...they all seem like a waste of time.

I am sure you watched and saw...the funny thing is that they have always hidden the actual role of the winners. There is no way that Heather was ready for an exec chef job and from what I read, she just had a job in the kitchen at the LV resort and did not "run" it.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter

I find him more comparable to Bobby Knight, with the tirades and throwing things to the ground.

It may be too early to tell, but so far, there isn't anyone that truly stands out. I find it odd of Ramsay being nice to the Asian cowboy (his name escapes me at the moment) instead of yelling at him to "suck it up".

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I didn't like the attitude that the ladies had about the one girl from the "waffle house". These woman are in no way good enough to already be snooty about someone elses background.

I did notice they are really forcing the drama with very "creative" editing. They made it look like that one woman was going to pass out when Gordon was reviewing her dish. Then when they came back from commercial, and we get to see the whole scene, she was fine. That editing was bordering on complete fabrication. I don't like that at all.

And what is it about Chefs having to make dishes that look like a single pea on a platter? I would starve to death with the portions they serve. I also wonder why lots of Chefs think that Scallops are "fancy". It looked like 4 or 5 of the 12 dishes were scallops. I am beginning to think the National Scallop Board is a sponsor of this show. LOL

Oh, and where on earth did they get cartons of quail eggs? I didn't even know you could buy them.

As you can tell, I am not into the hoity-toity foods. Give me a steak or pizza and I am happy.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
The Asian Cowboy bit in the beginning was hilarious... His name is Aaron, BTW.

The thing with Joanna(?), the short-order cook is that they probably have some good experience dealing with pressure, time and busy cramped kitchens...

Being Chinese, I've seen quails and quail eggs in some Asian foodmarkets before, I believe it is a delicacy in China and Japan (sushi)...

Jay

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
At least the short order cook could make eggs.....

I'm glad with who left - she was way too full of herself, and was responsible for not being able to crack an egg...

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
That was one of the greatest hours in the history of reality television. Oh my god, this show is GENIUS!!! Good grief; a middle-aged, fat, crying, Asian chef in a cowboy hat? Could you even make that up? The dude is like a living Mad-Lib.

Maybe Ramsey was a little nice to Aaron because the guy is 48 years old! That could be a new record for this sort of show. Or it might just be that the female contestants were such nincompoops that he knew Aaron would be around and wanted to encourage him a bit. Although according to the scenes they showed from the next episode, it doesn't look like it worked.

I can't wait for the Big Revolt hinted at in the previews. Ramsey's tirades may make for great TV, but sometimes he really asks for trouble. Should be fun.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I often wonder if there is a bodyguard just off camera at all times. It might not be wise to yell and scream at people with knives and boiling oil. :)

Marianne

Supporting Actor
In a recent "Gordon Ramsay's F Word" on BBC America he didn't seem to be such a bad guy.

Apparently, he and his family decided to raise some turkeys to be served as Christmas dinners in his restaurant. They gave all the turkeys names of British TV chefs (Nigella, Delia, Jamie, etc.) and the kids got quite fond of the birds. When it came time for them to be slaughtered (the turkeys) the kids wanted to keep a couple of them. Gordon got all emotional and pleaded with his wife to let two of them live. She refused, telling him in effect that the kids had to "suck it up" and learn about real life!

Tom McA

Stunt Coordinator

My wife and I are referring to him as Dewberry 2.0.
THAT guy was the original Hell's Kitchen doofus.

TwoKings

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
Who is Ramsay married to??

Last year also had alot of creative editing to make it seem more dramatic than it actually was.

I remember reading that the contestants have to sign a waiver stating they will physically attack Ramsay...lol.

I would really be surprised if anything special happens tonight...I can't even count how many times they used that "the most intense Hell's Kitchen yet" as it looked like a massive fight would happen...then...nothing.

TwoKings

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
LoL, Aaron is a complete wreck and that ambulance next week is probably him having a "break down" even though I think he is faking it big time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks