What's new

Hell's Kitchen - Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
It seemed quite obvious after episode 2 tht Rock would win, only because everyone else was so insanely incompetent. And that was my complaint about this unsatisfying season, which was they didn't pick anyone who appeared capable of assisting in service (with the exception of Jen and Julia) much less running a restaurant (Jen is too whiny and Julia is more suited for a diner). I don't even know why they picked Aaron at all. Tracy, Josh, Vinnie and Eddie were just jokes.

They really need to ramp up the chef skills next season -- the finalists' dishes were unerwhelming, and it would be nice to see some real cooking skills on display. I understand that Hell's Kitchen is more about running a restuarant than cooking (that's more Top Chef), but who wants to go to a restaurant with such uninspired signature dishes? They should really have some level of culinary skills -- I know this will rankle some (my wife included), but IMO Julia really had no business being there since she barely even knew most of the ingredients or dishes they served and her idea of fine dining is steak and shrimp. I wonder what her final menu would have looked like -- Steak and shrimp, chicken and cheese, deep fried something or another, frozen yogurt with sprinkles. This is diner food.

I'm looking forward to next year, but I hope the show does get better.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Somebody wasn't controlling the portions properly, or Bonnie had neglected to define the portions. (X number of whatever it is per serving.) Whoever was plating up the food was putting too many (I forget - shrimp? prawns?) into each order with the result that they ran out later in the evening. Either way, the kind of thing she should have been keeping half an eye on.

Regards,

Joe

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
The amazing part was that Josh burned God knows how many crabcakes and Rock didn't run out of them.

I loved the irony that Melissa kept overcooking the prawns and then ended up not cooking them throughly. BTW, while there is a scientific difference between shrimp and prawns, "prawn" just means big shrimp. In the UK, they just use the word prawn instead of shrimp.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I agree. If the winner was that obvious, something is not right. Hopefully, the producers can correct the problem for season 4.

The only reason for Aaron, that I can think of, was so we can see the softer side of Ramsay.

NikkiJo

Grip
this was such a good show (didnt see season one or two but was obsessed with season 3) - cant wait for another season!!

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
we'll living here Las Vegas, I want to eat at Rock's restaurant.
I too am looking forward to Season 4 and Kitchen Nightmare's

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks