What's new

Hello, Im new here, Please help me :( (1 Viewer)

elite-fusion

Agent
Real Name
Eric
Hey guys, well just came on board with you guys here because just moved into my new house, and was wondering if you guys might be able to help me out a bit.
Im looking to purchase a new surround sound system, but not too sure whats good. Im looking to get a 7.1 surround sound system for a mid size room or maybe my basement in the entertainment center. I have a 55' Samsung UN55B8000 tv(s) so i want a great system to match it. Once again im a n00b at this and just wanted to get some input as to whats good in 7.1

Sony? Panasonic? Onkyo? Samsung? i simply do not know, but i LOVE something thats very loud, crystal clear, and has amazing bass to it. Something that when you turn it on, it hits ur heart. (i love techno, so i love alot of bass, sorry lol)

Please help me out guys. Thanks

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm sure members with much better knowledge of systems will weigh in...but let me throw these systems out there as a starter:

The S-Series systems from SVS. SVS is an internet direct company which is well-regarded among the membership here. They make quality products.

Good luck!

elite-fusion

Agent
Real Name
Eric
i have nothing but a TV, a cable box, a bluray player, and a PS3, so no amp, reciever, or speakers lol

elite-fusion

Agent
Real Name
Eric
i was looking at the ht-s7200 or ht-9100thx which one would you guys recommend? i tried to narrow down the differnece in performance, but the only differance that i found is 10' or 12' sub either plastic or wood, so 10' plastic or 12' wood, i mean what do you recommend?

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Onkyo htib's are pretty good for the price but with a $1200 budget I'd go with seperates. Something like an Onkyo-507 ($304) receiver, a BIC ($193) sub from PartsExpress.com which leaves $600-700 for speakers and wires/cables.

elite-fusion

Agent
Real Name
Eric
ok, if you guys had to put together an amazing system within that budget, what would you put together, a list of parts would be greatly appriciated

elite-fusion

Agent
Real Name
Eric
btw, i do have a JL 10W6 subwoofer that was in my old car, in an enclosure, so maybe i'd be able to swap it out with the one that will come with an Onkyo if i decide to go with one of those

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by elite-fusion

btw, i do have a JL 10W6 subwoofer that was in my old car, in an enclosure, so maybe i'd be able to swap it out with the one that will come with an Onkyo if i decide to go with one of those
If you want to persue that option, then start a thread in the Speakers and Subs section along with the Theile/Small parameters of the sub. Some "car audio" subs work great in the home and others are average. A few suck. You have to run the parameters through a design program and then check the results. If the results are acceptable, you are looking at $150 to $500 for the amp depending on your goals.

CB750

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bill
Take copies of your favorite techno rap music and listen to as many speaker systems that are within your price range. Speaker selection will be the most individual and hardest selection to make. It should not be based so much on what any of us say but what system sounds best to you. After you listen to may options I am sure one of them will stand out as your favorite and that is the system you should buy for yourself. The selection of your receiver will then pretty much flow from that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks