What's new

Freebie and The Bean (1 Viewer)

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
This is available as a Warner Bros. "manufactured on demand" to DVD-R.
http://www.wbshop.com/product/freebie++the+bean+1000102747.do?from=availableIn
http://www.amazon.com/Freebie-Bean-Alan-Arkin/dp/B002AO004A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346082168&sr=8-1&keywords=Freebie+and+the+Bean
I was wondering if anyone from here has seen it and whether it's worth the $20 or does it look and sound (listed as Mono 1.0) horrible? You can also download it for $15. It seems pretty pricey for a 70s movie that probably hasn't been restored whatsoever.
I too saw this in the theater as a kid and several times later on in the 80s on cable. Would love to see it again. Especially in 2.40:1. Perhaps I'll take a chance on the download in that it says you can burn it to a DVD (although since I've never done this before I have no confidence in such an endeavor because it's a Windows Media file and I am suspicious that the the Microsoft DRM will wreak havoc).

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
I bought it way back when they still had the James Caan valu-pak for sale, yet I haven't gotten around to watching it. I'll have a look at it this week.

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
I saw the Archive disc. It looks and sounds pretty good. It looks like a new remastering, probably done for TV.

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
Buyer beware, the burning to disc option on the download probably isn't what you think. You are literally burning the file to a disc, not creating a playable MOD disc. It's purely for storage purposes.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
In the 3.5 years since Reggie W posted his list all of those Caan/Arkin films have appeared on MOD discs, except DEADHEAD MILES.

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
Bob Cashill said:
In the 3.5 years since Reggie W posted his list all of those Caan/Arkin films have appeared on MOD discs, except DEADHEAD MILES.
Not sure if it's still there, but DEADHEAD MILES has been available for streaming on Netflix Instant...like a lot of the Paramount titles there, it looks to be an old television master they've thrown up on Netflix. For a film that's been nearly impossible to see until then, it's more than acceptable.

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
mdnitoil said:
Buyer beware, the burning to disc option on the download probably isn't what you think. You are literally burning the file to a disc, not creating a playable MOD disc. It's purely for storage purposes.
That's what I was afraid of.
238fae91_bluduh.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks