What's new

Weekly RoundUp 11-3-2015 (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Robert Crawford said:
Yup, just got done watching the 3-D version. Also, loaded up the digital code into DisneyMoviesAnywhere. Looks like a 95 minute video is the Target exclusive.

Good to know - thanks. Upon further inspection of my mail, I found a standard letter-size envelope from Target with a $5 gift card included, so *that* showed up before the movie, which is really odd because it would make more sense to send them together.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
JakeLip said:
Good to know - thanks. Upon further inspection of my mail, I found a standard letter-size envelope from Target with a $5 gift card included, so *that* showed up before the movie, which is really odd because it would make more sense to send them together.
In my case, they took the $5 off from my purchase so they're executing this gift card in different ways. I'm a Redcard holder so maybe that's the difference.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
BB sent me a $5 reward certificate and I had nothing else to spend it on, so I got the 2D Blu. The Target video will show up online at some point, I'm sure. :)

Incidentally, check your email -- I think BB sent *everyone* (or almost everyone) a bonus reward certificate that expires tomorrow. It has a mystery value of between $5 and $500 that you have to get checked at the register. The email refers to it as a "mystery certificate," so you might miss it if you're looking for a *reward* certificate.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Aaron Silverman said:
It has a mystery value of between $5 and $500 that you have to get checked at the register.
I'm guessing that anything higher than $5 is pretty rare. Yesterday, I went to the guy at the register and said "I'd like to check the value of this" and he immediately said "It's $5". He scanned it and he was right. :) $5 is still better than $0 though.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Robert Crawford said:
In my case, they took the $5 off from my purchase so they're executing this gift card in different ways. I'm a Redcard holder so maybe that's the difference.

I also put this on a RedCard. But we did technically purchase different items, since you got the 3D one and I didn't. Who knows? At this point, I just want the movie to show up.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
TravisR said:
I'm guessing that anything higher than $5 is pretty rare. Yesterday, I went to the guy at the register and said "I'd like to check the value of this" and he immediately said "It's $5". He scanned it and he was right. :) $5 is still better than $0 though.
You can figure it out by the bar code.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
TonyD said:
You can figure it out by the bar code.
And how do you do that?

I've looked at my three bar codes. The value one doesn't have a five in it at all The other two codes (unique to my offer, I assume) have a full range of numbers.

I haven't been to BB to check on mine (although like others, I'm expecting it to be $5)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Yep someone at dvd talk used to keep track of the. Codes when BB sent these out more frequently.

I had a 20 dollar code a few years ago. This time was 5. I bought the Croc Dundee double for a little over a dollar after the coupon.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
4 00044 97600 0 $5 (11,987,670) 99.897%

4 00044 97601 0 $20 (7500) 0.0625%

4 00044 97602 0 $50 (3000) 0.025%

4 00044 97603 0 $100 (1500) 0.0125%

4 00044 97604 0 $500 (300) 0.0025%

4 00044 97605 0 $5000 (30) 0.00025%

Mine was of course zero since i didn't even get the $5 one.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
For the record: my Inside Out finally showed up from Target.com today, Saturday, 8 days after it was shipped, and indeed the Target extras are included with the Disney Movie Rewards/Disney Movies Anywhere digital copy code.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
TravisR said:
What other store exclusive bonus features have been done that way?
Good question. This is the first title I have encountered personally that is done this way, and I don't like it as much as having that content on a disc, even if the disc is a DVD, as was the case with Target's exclusive bonus content on Frozen. So this model for the store exclusives has happened with Disney at some point between the release of Frozen (which came out in March 2014) and now.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
It may be the first since DMA got started, but somewhere I seem to remember at least another argument with a special feature.

Way long ago there were a few digital only bonus/extras though I dont think those were store exclusives, It seems there were soem Fantasia extras that were only available online.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
David Norman said:
Way long ago there were a few digital only bonus/extras though I dont think those were store exclusives, It seems there were soem Fantasia extras that were only available online.

Now you mention it, you are correct -- Disney used to use the "Virtual Vault" as they called it in order to store old extras online if you accessed the disc via a BD-ROM drive. They haven't used that tactic for a while, and who knows if those extras are still available?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
JakeLip said:
For the record: my Inside Out finally showed up from Target.com today, Saturday, 8 days after it was shipped, and indeed the Target extras are included with the Disney Movie Rewards/Disney Movies Anywhere digital copy code.
Guess what, that Blu-ray was charged $22.88 on my account then today, I still received a $5.00 gift card in the mail from them.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Robert Crawford said:
Guess what, that Blu-ray was charged $22.88 on my account then today, I still received a $5.00 gift card in the mail from them.

BST-Blue-H300.gif
Nice deal, Robert! You got your 3-D version cheaper than I got my 2-D version!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
David Norman said:
It may be the first since DMA got started, but somewhere I seem to remember at least another argument with a special feature.

Isn't BD-Live essentially online features?

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Aaron Silverman said:
Isn't BD-Live essentially online features?

BDlive - that was the name of that. I'd forgotten it and as far as I remember everyone hated it b/c it never worked right and just fouled up the players. Is anyone even attempting to add those features anymore

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks