What's new

Feedback Wanted - Making HTF's Site Faster (1 Viewer)

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Haven't been on since this morning, but I'll let you know. Thanks, Dave.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
We were adjusting our caching settings and had started allowing browser caching of HTML and PHP. A stupid mistake on my part.

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
What is going on with the site today. It was harder to log in than to break into Fort Knox with the pop-up ads as the unrelenting guards. The ads were distorting the screen and making it difficult to sign in and navigate the site.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
The Chevy wifi ad has to be clicked on three or four times to go away, on each page accessed. Although, now that I have logged in, the ad seems to have gone away.I usually only log in if I am going to post. I am sometimes using a limited wifi account and these type of intrusive and persistent ads eat up my usage.Edit: Just went to a new page and the Chevy ad is back!

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
At one point while trying to sign-in, an ad was blocking the sign-in link. Clicking to close the ad just brought up another ad in its place. Finally quick clicking got me past it and the ads were tamed. The ads seemed to have a viral aspect to them.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I noticed that last night on a New 8.1 PC.Only took me one try, once logged in, no ads.Now the mobile app is another story. There are times it seems like it stops asking for the net, prompting a restart. Then I get the ad for "Be Naughty"...Really? (You know me so well...)

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
We have those blocked, but for some reason they show up on the app. I still haven't figured that one out. My apologies to all our members for the sexual content heavy advertising on the mobile app. We're really not perverts around here!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks