What's new

Feedback Wanted - Making HTF's Site Faster (1 Viewer)

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Sam, unfortunately we're at the mercy of Tapatalk on the apps performance and stability. We're considering the options we have for the next major upgrade to IPB

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Tapatalk lost all of the automotive forums(at least the ones I frequent) to AutoGuide.It sucks. On it now...Still doesn't show the Sig showing I'm using it.Haven't been able to edit posts since 2 updates ago.Quote is hit 'n miss.

Edit:
Had to come back on the 'puter to change "one" to "ones".

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Just used the update for HTF on the iPad -- no crashes! I love the app, and simply that there is one. Fingers crossed that the problems are solved. Other than the app, I never have a problem with the web site. It doesn't seem slow to me.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
95% of the time I view the forum with my iPad using Safari. I never considered it slow.I miss the preview function, is there any chance of it coming back?

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
tried to give it a full week, but I couldn't, on my laptop it is definitely slower, the thing is I am getting lag or non response because of long script, just to let you know ;)

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
dana martin said:
tried to give it a full week, but I couldn't, on my laptop it is definitely slower, the thing is I am getting lag or non response because of long script, just to let you know ;)
Dana What browser are you using?

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
i am a dinosaur, windows 7, checking to see if I need some updates, or it just be to many people in the house using my wireless network, slowing me down

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
So I noticed that on the PC the preview function works but not on the iPad, is this a Safari problem?

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Henry,
The site works on all browsers. I would suggest you clear your cache or reset settings in IE, as it is likely a problem with your computer.
Dave

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Something just changed for me, too -- also using Chrome on Windows 7.(I also just returned to using Firefox, too, and it's the same on that.)Reply box is different. I'm typing in this little Courier-type font instead of Arial or whatever the default has been, and there are no text formatting features whatever. I clicked on "more reply options", and it's the same thing, but with three "post options" to the right, the first two of which are checked.I couldn't remember how we choose editor/editing defaults, and I'm finding absolutely nothing in my profile settings for that.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I think the HTF has gotten a LOT faster over the last couple weeks.I never surf the HTF on a mobile device...so, I'm talking about use on my PC utilizing Windows 7 and Firefox 27.01.When I currently click on Topics I Follow to refresh those topics to which I am subscribed and have been recently posted-in, I find the list is generated in a second or two...rather than the 5 to 10 seconds that used to be the case. I have been quite impressed by that. I second the weirdness that others are describing as very current issues. There seems to be something wrong with the editor and when I click on the drop-down menu next to my name at the top right-hand corner of any page, instead of the drop-down menu I get taken to my Profile Page.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Mike Frezon said:
when I click on the drop-down menu next to my name at the top right-hand corner of any page, instead of the drop-down menu I get taken to my Profile Page.
This is my problem too, just started happening today.( Quote isn't working right for me either as you can see. )

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Mike Frezon said:
Yup. LOTS of things are currently busted...making it near impossible to navigate the site this afternoon.
Quote functionality is kinda crazy, too. A brand new Editor is brought up instead of being able to use the one on the bottom of the page.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks