What's new

Fantastic Four: 2005 movie! info and coverart! (1 Viewer)

Matt M

Grip
Didn't the director say that he made an extended unrated cut of F4? Could that be on the Best Buy exclusive or the future 2-disc? Is there a DTS track on the upcoming release? Where is FOX or Best Buy to answer our question? Why no information on the webpage on Bestbuy.com? Too many questions. I want answers and no one has any.

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
You know,I was already getting sick of the double releases with Fox.At least you had an idea though that another DVD release is on the way.

But this whole BB/WMart thing is totally ridiculous.I've looked all over the net, & can't find any concrete info on the BB 4-disc set. At this point I just might say to hell with it & not buy any version of this...

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
a least we know about the boxset before the release date.. not to find out on the day of release.. then not have the money or whatever for it.

JACOB

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Hopefully the 4-disc set will be worth it and not just some stupid stuff not worth the extra money.

JasonKZ

Stunt Coordinator
Here is what they describe on BestBuy.com:

Best Buy is the only place you can buy the jam-packed Fantastic Four Gift Set! Get the feature film, tons of special features and extras that are worthy of superhero status:
* 44 Years of Fantastic Four DVD-ROM (50 Fantastic Four comic books!)
* Reprint of a Fantastic Four comic book
* Set of 5 round collectible cards
* Fantastic Four logo sticker

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....cat75100050009

They don't make it sound like a new cut and such as described above (although I wish it was)....................

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
So it's possible that "44 years of the FF" CD-ROM will take up the other three discs? Does anyone have that CD-ROM, and how many discs was it?

If that's what this four disc special edition is, maybe I'll just get the regular edition.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
If its just that I'll get the Wal-Mart version.
btw, Future Shop has the 4 disc for 35.99.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I didn;t think it would be the longer version.. alot of stuff that one guy said.. was probably full of crap.

JACOB

RogerH

Supporting Actor
If it was a extended cut I can't see it being exclusive anyway. Usually these exclusive things aren't that great.

JoeyCarr

Grip
Regardless being the Marvel completist(And I LOVED F4) I'll be getting both Wal-Mart & Best Buy's versions,and the eventual Director's Cut double dip.

I HATE Fox.

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
So basically it'll be like the gift set that Sony uses for their Spider-Man theatrical films. It's half-way tempting but I'm not so sure if it's worth it yet. I'd like a complete set of specs, though I could see the movie being one disc, as it currently is, and the other three dedicated to that CD-ROM.

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
Someone posted this on the forum at superherohype.com I cannot verify its veracity, so take it with an EXTREME grain of salt. Nonetheless, it'll be wicked if it's true:

Also i found out what the 4-disc set called the ultimate collector's disc set for fantastic four is. It will be available here in Canadian best buy stores as well as US. I asked the person in charge of the DVD section and he said that the 4-disc set will be availble only at best buy (exculsively for best buy).

According to him the movie (Disc 1) will be longer atleast 152 minutes i.e. approx. 40 minutes longer than the theatrical version.

Disc 2 will contain the same special features etc. like the region 2 DVD. Approx. 100 minutes of stuff in first disc.

Disc 3 will contain 4 short animated cartoons from wich ideas were taken to make some scenes in the movie(each 30 minutes long) approx. 120 minutes of stuff in third disc.

Finally the fourth disc will contain the fantastic four soundtrack (music videos) as well as the four songs which were not in the soundrack but were specially made for the video game like "error operator", "clobberin tme" etc.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

Except the specs say 'DVD-ROM' and besides with Marvel using the DjVu plug-in, 50 issues of the Fantastic Four would easily fit on *one* CD-ROM (their last release held 100) let alone a DVD-ROM. There has to be more to this set than just this if it's a 4-disc set, but I'm not ready to believe the pie-in-the-sky SH! post.

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
Perhaps it'll break down:

Disc One: Movies, extras
Disc Two: Special Features (a la Region 2 set)
Disc Three: Soundtrack
Disc Four: Fantastic Four DVD-ROM

I'd actually purchase the set if that was it. I emailed The Digital Bits about this so hopefully they'll uncover something.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
That would be a great set, one I would happily buy. Who wouldn't want 50 issues of FF? :)

Someone needs to unravel this mystery. :emoji_thumbsup:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
jim did you see the ABove post and lnk to the best buy page for this dvd?

# 44 Years of Fantastic Four DVD-ROM(50 Fantastic Four comic books!)
# Reprint of a Fantastic Four comic book
# Set of 5 round collectible cards
# Fantastic Four logo sticker

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
Oops! Thought it said "50 years of..." Well, so that leaves us with two more uncalled for discs to go . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks