What's new

Fantastic Four: 2005 movie! info and coverart! (1 Viewer)

John*D

Second Unit

It's probably going to be a extra DVD, CD, book, etc.

Given that it's $8 more than buying the standard single disc releases, it must be something good. Hopefully Walmart will shed some light on this in the coming weeks.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron

I saved $20+ by not seeing this in the theater so I don't see it as a loss if I buy it blind for $15. Plus, if it is that bad, I can sell it, but from the trailers it looks like it will stay in my collection.

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit
Fantastic Four was a kids movie. The problem was they didn't tell anyone it was.

I didn't hate it, but I sure didn't love it. If they do a 2 disc, maybe because I love the comic. But otherwise, no.

jonathan_govols

Stunt Coordinator
I saw this movie for free from the I,Robot Deluxe DVD movie ticket and I still felt like I was ripped off. I definatley would not blind buy this movie and would only consider a rental if you really wanted to see it. This is probably my least favorite comic book movie ever (And yes that counts Batman and Robin).

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
I think they're calling it Les Fantastiques, actually. Either way, yeah . . . no one wants that on the DVD cover . . .

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I don;t think it was just made for the kids. I think its a good movie for the whole family..

JACOB

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Someone mentioned the part of the quote that mentions a Marvel Avengers movie. While The Avengers was one of the properties announced in Marvel's recent press release about them self-producing films, I take this to be a trailer for the upcoming straight-to-dvd animated release of The Ultimates. I haven't liked the early artwork I've seen of that so I am hopeful that any actual footage will impress me.

John*D

Second Unit
So Wal*Mart is giving us the option of getting the 50+ minutes making of exclusive DVD (similar to SW: Clones), but BB seems to be blowing things out of the water with some sort of EXCLUSIVE 4-disc set? Best guess is that the soundtrack is one of the discs.

Could it be possible that whatever the double-dip stuff is going to be on the eventual 2-disc release, will be offered by bestbuy first?

http://www.bestbuy.com

walmart.com

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
that is really weird John. I have no idea.
It would be interesting to find out about it.

JACOB

Mathew B

Stunt Coordinator
Well, tht "making of" DVD that Wal*Mart is offering doesn't match the running time of the "Making Of" documentary on Disc 2 of the UK release (R2's doc is 90 mins PAL) or the promotional featurette of the same name on the same disc (which is 5 mins).
As for Best Buy, it may be that they're fitting the 2nd disc extras on 2 single layered extra discs and then throwing the soundtrack CD in with it.

I know that I wouldn't mind seeing disc specs, so I can add them to this.

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
Both Wal-Mart Canada and BestBuy.ca/Future Shop are listing Fantastic Four as a Dec. 6th release up here. I thought the release date was Dec. 13th.

And like Best Buy, it's pale Canadian sister (thank you, Stephen Colbert) is offering this mysterious box set as well as the regular editions:

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pro...14&catid=14720

http://www.futureshop.ca/multimedia/...2104314.jpg%20

I can't find anything about Wal-Mart's bonus disc on the Canadian Wal-Mart site because . . . well . . . the Canadian Wal-Mart site sucks. Has anyone thought to contact the guys at The Digital Bits about this?

The four disc set could be the movie, the soundtrack, the score, and then a disc of extras, perhaps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks