Real Name
Robert

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Robert Crawford said:
The problem with Elementary is it's a 10:00 p.m. show and like the rest of such shows, it does well when you factor in DVR viewings.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/11/23/broadcast-live-7-ratings-week-7-nov-2-8-2015/

But even factoring in L+7 data, other CBS 10 p.m. shows still do better: Limitless, NCIS: LA, and, of course, Blue Bloods. I think CSI: Cyber is the only CBS show consistently lower ranked than Elementary once all of the late data is factored in.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Matt Hough said:
But even factoring in L+7 data, other CBS 10 p.m. shows still do better: Limitless, NCIS: LA, and, of course, Blue Bloods. I think CSI: Cyber is the only CBS show consistently lower ranked than Elementary once all of the late data is factored in.
Even so, that doesn't mean it's going to be cancelled so let's see how the rest of the season plays out as NFL football will come to an end at the end of this year.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Another fun episode with the mystery surrounding Watson under investigation an interesting one. I'm wondering if we've heard the last from this character despite Watson KOing her.

I did miss Morland this week.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Unsure by this subplot of the cop going after Watson. Her actions are bordering on police harassment. I am. It sure how Capt.Gregson or any of the police brass would feel about a detective using police database resources to investigate Watson for absolutely no reason. Yes, I know it's for a story plot.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
todd s said:
Unsure by this subplot of the cop going after Watson. Her actions are bordering on police harassment. I am. It sure how Capt.Gregson or any of the police brass would feel about a detective using police database resources to investigate Watson for absolutely no reason. Yes, I know it's for a story plot.
Yeah, I thought the same thing about police harassment as Captain Gregson could put a stop to this right away.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
While I'm sure that Gregson could intervene on Joan's behalf; I would guess that Joan wanted to try to handle the problem on her own. Also, essentially 'tattling' on a police detective might not endear Joan with the rank and file members of the police department.

As Matt speculated, this might be a plot device to introduce a new recurring character to the series.

- Walter.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Walter Kittel said:
While I'm sure that Gregson could intervene on Joan's behalf; I would guess that Joan wanted to try to handle the problem on her own. Also, essentially 'tattling' on a police detective might not endear Joan with the rank and file members of the police department.

As Matt speculated, this might be a plot device to introduce a new recurring character to the series.

- Walter.

Hi Walter!

Your above observations seem entirely plausible, in my opinion!

CHEERS! :)

Tony

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
No one messes with Oren Ishii

tumblr_mfbd002Ufa1reitwwo1_r1_500.gif

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
A good mystery this week with, in typical Elementary style, a case that begins as one thing and morphs into something else entirely. I did notice that Joan did more deducing this week than Sherlock.

Also enjoyed the personal stuff with Holmes and his former sponsor Alfredo though they did have more than their addiction in common in previous years. They often posed lock picking and lock breaking problems (specifically with vehicle security systems) to one another. The writers seemed to have forgotten about that.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The mystery element was OK this week, but more troubling was the suggestion that Morland is up to no good with his son.

Two years ago when Mycroft was introduced, we got a similar baleful sequence midway through the season suggesting something nefarious to come. As it turned out, Mycroft was actually an important undercover operative (a section chief as I recall). This doesn't seem to be likely to repeat with Sherlock's father, so I'm fearful what he could really be up to.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I really liked last night's episode especially the interaction between Sherlock and the girl.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Robert Crawford said:
I really liked last night's episode especially the interaction between Sherlock and the girl.
In total agreement.

I thought it was by far the best mystery of the season with continual twists and turns and surprises, and I don't think we've seen the last of this cunning antagonist for Sherlock.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Matt Hough said:
In total agreement.

I thought it was by far the best mystery of the season with continual twists and turns and surprises, and I don't think we've seen the last of this cunning antagonist for Sherlock.
I hope so, she was really good.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Just wanted to chime in here about this week's episode....thought it was the best of the season. Good stuff.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Got caught up on the last couple episodes. Joan was very cute playing that video game. :)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
DavidJ said:
Just wanted to chime in here about this week's episode....thought it was the best of the season. Good stuff.
Agreed.

That girl looks like a new Moriarty in the making.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks