What's new

Clear and Present Danger"what with that Loading Crap" (1 Viewer)

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
No resume play because this disc has that stupid "Loading "Crap .whats with
that? why this BR theres no stupid game on it,why?

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
I suspect BD+ is behind this. Clearly there are millions of people looking to pirate high-def images of Harrison Ford point his finger at someone every five seconds. :laugh:

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Currently, BD-Java programmed titles cannot perform Stop/Resume. They will also commonly have a load screen of some kind.

I've heard that a firmware upgrade in the future may resolve the Stop/Resume issue.

Duncan Harvey

Stunt Coordinator
I had my copy of Starship Troopers arrive today and this is a BD-J title.

Interestingly enough, when you activate the Bonusview feature it reloads the Java and then kicks off the BV from the start of the film (regardless of where you were when you activated it).

Then upon leaving BV it reloads the Java and drops you back into the film at the point where you left off.

This is the first example that I've seen of a Java disc effectively reloading and then resuming. So hopefully a firmware update to the PS3 will allow resuming for all BD-J discs as this is currently a real pain.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
This is turning into my major pet peeve with Blu-ray, and while I've 'upgraded' 30 or so titles so far, I'm almost getting ready to go back to dvd only until this gets resolved. The idea that I can be in the middle of a movie, and then I've got to go through 5 minutes of loading and then manually try to get back to where I left off is just a major pain in the ass, and really pissing me off.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I hit pause, and try to be back to my seat really fast.

But i agree, would be nice to stop, and come back to where you left off on the JAVA discs.

Vern Dias

Second Unit
Real Name
Theodore V Dias
On my HTPC, I have yet to see the "loading" icon stay up for more than 3 or 4 seconds. So, I would blame the player implementation, rather than the underlying architecture. I do agree that finding the point you want to resume from is a pain, though.

Vern

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I've found that most BD-J discs have the "bookmark" feature. So, while you may have to wait for the title to reload, finding your place is easy as long as you remember to bookmark it.

M.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Well, maybe it's just my blu-ray player, but it doesn't seem to have a bookmark feature.

Well, when it's my son's bedtime, and we can't watch again til tomorrow night, that would be a long pause.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick

Yea it would!
When my kids were little, movie time started WHEN they went to bed. Not much, i was allowed to watch, when they were awake.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
If your Blu-ray remote has a green "B" button (which I believe is standard), any disc with the bookmark feature should respond to it by creating a bookmark. Existing bookmarks are usually accessed under scene access, although sometimes I've found them elsewhere (e.g., special features).

M.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Yeah 3 to 4 seconds loading is what I experience. 5 minute loading sounds like a player specific issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks