What's new

Burt Reynolds: Paternity, Rough Cut (1 Viewer)

bronson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adrian
I´ve been waiting for years that Paramount will release those two Burt Reynolds movies.

I know they weren´t successful at the Box Office at the time when Reynolds was the biggest Box Office star in the world.

"Rough Cut" is from 1979 and "Paternity" from 1981.

But is that the reason why Paramount won´t release them?

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
The two I want are Shamus and Fuzz. I have no idea why they've never appeared on disc.

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
Robin9 said:
The two I want are Shamus and Fuzz. I have no idea why they've never appeared on disc.
Both Fuzz and Shamus are available in Region 1 in the US on Amazon. Fuzz is only letterboxed, while Shamus is anamorphic widescreen. Shamus is available in a 4 pack currently for only $5.00 on Amazon! What a deal! The 4 movies are :
Shamus
Physical Evidence
The Anderson Tapes
Breakout 1975

I have this and I think Shamus looks good! The 4 pack is the one to get and not just for the price, but also because Shamus is in anamorhpic widescreen. The single and out of print Shamus released in 2002 is full screen only!

Take Care!

Robert

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
Big fan of Rough Cut, here. So much so that it's the only film I bothered to track down a VHS to DVD port. It's watchable but obviously P&S. Would love to see an anamorphic widescreen release, even if it's only through Warner Archives. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing a lot of new Paramount material from that distribution deal. I'd even be happy with an import release since I'm region-free, but there's nothing available anywhere.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
MCCLOUD said:
Both Fuzz and Shamus are available in Region 1 in the US on Amazon. Fuzz is only letterboxed, while Shamus is anamorphic widescreen. Shamus is available in a 4 pack currently for only $5.00 on Amazon! What a deal! The 4 movies are :
Shamus
Physical Evidence
The Anderson Tapes
Breakout 1975

I have this and I think Shamus looks good! The 4 pack is the one to get and not just for the price, but also because Shamus is in anamorhpic widescreen. The single and out of print Shamus released in 2002 is full screen only!

Take Care!

Robert
Thank you very much indeed. I don't know how I missed these discs as I've been checking periodically over the years. I'll buy that bargain price box-set immediately.

bronson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adrian
MCCLOUD said:
Shamus
Physical Evidence
The Anderson Tapes
Breakout 1975

Take Care!

Robert
Thanks for telling me that "Shamus" is available in widescreen in this 4 movie pack. I didn´t know that because I have the single DVD which is Fullscreen.

bronson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adrian
MCCLOUD said:
Shamus
Physical Evidence
The Anderson Tapes
Breakout 1975

Take Care!

Robert
Are there English subtitles on the 4 movies?

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
Robin9 said:
Thank you very much indeed. I don't know how I missed these discs as I've been checking periodically over the years. I'll buy that bargain price box-set immediately.
You are very welcome! I thought Shamus looked pretty good and I am glad to have it in anamorphic widescreen. Anyway this is probably the best looking transfer of Shamus in anamorphic widescreen DVD format there is and it could be the best we will ever see Shamus look in the DVD format. A Blu Ray would be nice but who knows if it will ever happen and if it does will we be around to see it?

Take Care!

Robert

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
bronson said:
Thanks for telling me that "Shamus" is available in widesrolcreen in this 4 movie pack. I didn´t know that because I have the single DVD which is Fullscreen.
Glad I could help! I just put the disc in and I couldn't find any subtitles. I then hit the subtitle button on my Blu Ray control and it said it was prohibited on this disc. I guess there are no subtitles.

Take Care!

Robert

bronson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adrian
MCCLOUD said:
Glad I could help! I just put the disc in and I couldn't find any subtitles. I then hit the subtitle button on my Blu Ray control and it said it was prohibited on this disc. I guess there are no subtitles.

Take Care!

Robert
Thanks for the information.

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
Rough Cut is vastly underrated and seems almost forgotten. It's unavailability on DVD was part of a slew of Paramount titles from late 70s to early 80s that never made it. Some Like LOOKING FOR MR GOODBAR, HANDLE WITH CARE, LEADBELLY, FIRST LOVE, FRATERNITY ROW, AMERICAN HOT WAX, PLAYERS, BLOODLINE, SUNBURN, THE OUTSIDER, COAST TO COAST and I'm.sure others. Some listed here are surely do to the dreaded music rights hell. A shame as there are some good ones, and many have been shown on Netflix and Amazon that never even made it to VHS ( SHEILA LEVINE and THIEVES among them).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks