What's new

Pre-Order Rocky: The Knockout Collection (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
If this release had glowing reviews from everyone, it would still be a difficult choice. The fact that it is a mixed bag makes it easy to skip.
I absolutely love the first film. It could have ended there and it would have been perfection. But given the success, it was turned into a soap opera of perpetual sadness.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Does anyone seriously believe Warner will release another set within the next 1-2 years? They don't have a good track record with box set reissues - I'm still waiting for Nightmare On Elm Street and Lethal Weapon upgrades and these are franchises that they straight up own. Our best hope is to wait until Warner's deal with MGM expires and wait again until a boutique label picks up the license. The boutiques know what they're doing, unlike the majors.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone seriously believe Warner will release another set within the next 1-2 years? They don't have a good track record with box set reissues - I'm still waiting for Nightmare On Elm Street and Lethal Weapon upgrades and these are franchises that they straight up own. Our best hope is to wait until Warner's deal with MGM expires and wait again until a boutique label picks up the license. The boutiques know what they're doing, unlike the majors.
No way. In fact I think this may be the last physical release for the films. Which is fine.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I may have missed this in conversation...

Do the Blu-ray releases have the same issues at the new 4k set?

Seems like I am better off sticking with my Rocky BD set

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Missed this post originally. On the wishlist. Probably gonna buy this later this year, as part of my erratic "re/watch movies that maybe I mised or have only seen once in my youth".

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
I may have missed this in conversation...

Do the Blu-ray releases have the same issues at the new 4k set?

Seems like I am better off sticking with my Rocky BD set

AFAIK, the old BDs don't have any of the issues we see with the 4Ks.

Some of the foreign language dubs on the old Blu-rays of II & III have the pitch issue, but the English tracks are all good.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
BTW, more possible bad news for this set. Got this text from someone who just bought it..

Looks like MGM has joined Lionsgate and only redeeming on Vudu, probably half because Amazon now owns them, and half because voodoo charge is much lower fees

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
I'm debating whether I should get this now, or wait. "Rocky II" is my least favorite of the 4 films, but I'd like to know if they're going to be issuing corrected sets or not. I'm curious as to whether they'll offer a replacement program or sneakily ("slyly"?) slip fixed sets in without making an announcement (...or neither?!)

Last edited:

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I'm debating whether I should get this now, or wait. "Rocky II" is my least favorite of the 4 films, but I'd like to know if they're going to be issuing corrected sets or not. I'm curious as to whether they'll offer a replacement program or sneakily ("slyly"?) slip fixed sets in without making an announcement (...or neither?!)

Seems not-so-promising that they've not announced anything about replacements yet.

Set's been out for more than a month!

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
Seems not-so-promising that they've not announced anything about replacements yet.

Set's been out for more than a month!
Yup, I had the same thought, but I've never bought (or considered buying) a "defective" set before, so I never paid attention to how long it usually takes for companies to address these situations.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks