What's new

Bladerunner/Potter Q4 - Warner maximizes profit (1 Viewer)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I'll probably buy the 4 disc affordable version on DVD -- and the 5 disc version on BluRay for some future time when I may have a BluRay player. (That way I can perpetuate the state of waiting that I've come to expect in regards to this film!)

There's no price given on the BluRay. The article mentions that the Harry Potter 5-disc BluRay will be $150, but bearing in mind that those Potter discs are 5 distinct films -- each with their own royalties to pay off -- chances are the Blade Runner 5-disc BluRay can be much cheaper.

Lane_S

Agent
Since the three things on my BR wish list, The Final Cut, the theatrical version and Charlie's documentary are all (I assume) in the 4 disk set (I bought the new Director's Cut last fall), I'll be getting that one and spending the $40 I save on something else. To be honest, I would even be willing to pay $49.99 for an "All Five Disks But No Toys" set, as I'd like to see the work print after reading about it all of these years. I just know that the box o' toys would end up in the bottom of a closet, and I have waaaaaaay too many other things I'd rather waste that money on.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

Robbie was the fifth replicant. He got fried running (or, eyewitnesses say he was walking *really slowly*) through an electrical fence at Tyrel Corporation.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Robbie (the Robot) is a character from the first of Azimov's I Robot novels.

Cees

IanDP

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ian
From the same article...
At $258.82, Gilmore Girls carries all seven seasons of the show packed into a collectible retro doll case. It features a 60-page booklet, among other items.
You literally have to be an high society Connecticut debutante to be able to afford that.

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Can someone point to a link or elaborate on this "newly filmed" footage for Blade Runner that I've been seeing for this set?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
In all fairness, even at the MSRP (which no one will pay) that's not even $40 a set and the season sets are $60 MSRP each. The reverse of that is that the individual sets go on sale for $20 or $25 quite frequently.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
OK...I certainly hope WB offers a trinketless 5 disc set for non-bauble interested film fans.

......I hope anyway, I don't expect.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
As I understand it, that they grabbed some new elements of Joanna Cassidy to fix the shot where Zhora crashes through the windows. Currently it is very obvious that it is a stuntwoman and not Cassidy.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
So is this a Harry Potter thread or Blade Runner thread, whats happening here? Are we saving on threads by doing two movies at a time? :)

Blade Runner? All I want are the dvds, not interested in the dolls and toy cars. I hope we get a choice.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
oh how DARE YOU CHRISTOU!! I'm single because of my choice! No not my choice to lie around all day watching superhero cartoons and polishing my Monster collectable action figures for the collectors market, but my choice to not to be in a relationship.

And your not fooling anyone, you got the same nerd brain twitch we all did seeing that case :P

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou

:D Yes I wish I was single so I can collect toys and watch superhero cartoons all day. Nice one Russ. But you're right that case did look awfully tempting. Didn't like the unicorn logo on the front though, probably because I didn't like it's inclusion in the directors cut. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers... or can they? :crazy:

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
ahm, collectible ACTION FIGURES, not toys.. :P

I'm totally getting the case. I'm jealous of Engerland getting that sexy 007 thing. Man, I bet "A View to A Kill" looks awesome when packed in a case like that!! :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks