What's new

Press Release WHV Press Release: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone MAGICAL MOVIE MODE (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
WARNER BROS. HOME ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES
HARRY POTTER AND THE SORCERER’S STONE
MAGICAL MOVIE MODE

HP120TH_WW_FINALSKEW_3D_BDOSLV_1000800113.jpg

Magical Movie Mode is a fresh and engaging way to experience the film
Coming to Digital and Blu-ray on August 17 to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the beloved film

BURBANK, CA, July 13, 2021 – Warner Bros. Home Entertainment announced today that the 2001 beloved family film Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone will be released on Digital, Blu-ray and DVD with Magical Movie Mode, a new and exciting way to experience the timeless modern classic. Magical Movie Mode will be released on August 17 to celebrate the magical adventure film’s 20th anniversary.
The Harry Potter Magical Movie Mode is a wondrous new way to experience Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, allowing fans the ability to discover filmmaking secrets, spell incantations, creatures, magical artifacts, trivia, and more in this enchanting collection of fun activities and curiosities. Let the magic begin!

The Wizarding World is recognized as one of the world’s best-loved franchises and represents a vast, interconnected world which touches all aspects of Harry Potter fans’ lives.

Today it encompasses bestselling novels, blockbuster Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts films, a multi award-winning stage play, innovative products and apparel, state-of-the-art video and mobile games, unique retail experiences and live entertainment – including world-class Universal theme parks, exhibitions, the popular Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter attraction, and two new virtual reality experiences at Harry Potter New York.
Magical Movie Mode includes director’s commentary from Chris Columbus offering candid insight and amusing anecdotes from the production of the first film, deleted scenes, quizzes testing your potent knowledge of a vast array of topics from the film, graphics and audio during select scenes in the film draw you further into Harry’s world, and much more!

Synopsis
Harry Potter finds out he is the orphaned son of two wizards and embarks on an amazing journey. During his first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Harry learns he is destined for great things and discovers a Dark wizard is determined to destroy him.
The Blu-ray 2-disc set of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone Magical Movie Mode will be available for $19.98 SRP and includes the theatrical film and the Magical Movie Mode version of the film in high definition. It will also be available on DVD as a 2-disc set for $16.98 SRP and includes the theatrical film and Magical Movie Mode version of the film in standard definition. The film will also be available on Digital on participating digital platforms where you purchase movies.

BASICS

PRODUCT SRP

Blu-ray $19.98
DVD $16.98

Blu-ray and DVD Street Date: August 17
DVD Languages: English
BD Languages: English
DVD Subtitles: Latin Spanish, English SDH, Korean, Complex Chinese
BD Subtitles: Latin Spanish, English SDH, Complex Chinese
Running Time: 162 minutes
Rating: Rated PG-13 for some Scary Moments and Mild Language
DVD: DLBY/DGTL
Blu-ray: DLBY/DGTL

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
These films haven’t been released in UHD yet? A little surprising if they haven’t been.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
These films haven’t been released in UHD yet? A little surprising if they haven’t been.

They have been. I know there is an 8-film collection in 4k. Not sure if these saw individual releases.

Maybe not for me to put this new Blu-ray offering down, but I am really wondering who this release is going to cater to?

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Since the Blu-ray, DVD and Digital have this "Magical Movie Mode," I'm wondering if it's nothing more than a burned-in Picture-in-Picture track. It looks like the Blu-ray has a lossy Dolby Digital track to save space instead of DTS-HD MA or DTS:X that were included on the previous Blu-ray and UHD releases.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It sounds like a self-contained variation of the old BD-Live that used to connect to the internet while you watched and provided extras during the viewing experience.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Maybe not for me to put this new Blu-ray offering down, but I am really wondering who this release is going to cater to?

I don't know either. It seems to me that because these films have already been sold in a number of incarnations over the years, the majority of people who would like to own Sorcerer's Stone on disc already have it. Is it really that likely that someone who hasn't bought this film on disc for 19 years is going to see the new edition on a store shelf and make an impulse buy?

I'll be interested to see what's new if WB provides this disc to reviewers here. But I had this on DVD years ago and then got the original Blu-ray which has always served me just fine. So if they want a third purchase out of me, this is going to have to be something particularly significant and it doesn't seem from reading this as though it is. So I'm probably good.

That steelbook does look awfully nice though.

Also, what is on the second Blu-ray disc? My original edition is a single Blu-ray. I know they issued this as a more elaborate expensive edition before but I didn't double dip because it was expensive and I wasn't sure if it would be worth it.

Last edited:

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Also, what is on the second Blu-ray disc? My original edition is a single Blu-ray. I know they issued this as a more elaborate expensive edition before but I didn't double dip because it was expensive and I wasn't sure if it would be worth it.
Looking at the photo of the Best Buy 4K steelbook, it looks like the movie is on the first Blu-ray, while the "Magical Movie Mode" version is on the second.

HarryPotter.jpg

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I don't know either. It seems to me that because these films have already been sold in a number of incarnations over the years, the majority of people who would like to own Sorcerer's Stone on disc already have it. Is it really that likely that someone who hasn't bought this film on disc for 19 years is going to see the new edition on a store shelf and make an impulse buy?

I'll be interested to see what's new if WB provides this disc to reviewers here. But I had this on DVD years ago and then got the original Blu-ray which has always served me just fine. So if they want a third purchase out of me, this is going to have to be something particularly significant and it doesn't seem from reading this as though it is. So I'm probably good.

That steelbook does look awfully nice though.

This year does mark the 20th anniversary of that film. Just saying...

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Is "Magical Movie Mode" just a new of saying special features? or is this going to be like Paramount's Airplane Long Haul Version and Disney's Hocus Pocus Trivia And Treats Edition.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
They have been. I know there is an 8-film collection in 4k. Not sure if these saw individual releases.

Sorry, redundant. Answer already provided above.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Is "Magical Movie Mode" just a new of saying special features? or is this going to be like Paramount's Airplane Long Haul Version and Disney's Hocus Pocus Trivia And Treats Edition.
Sounds like the latter.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
but I am really wondering who this release is going to cater to?
Very good question, as this is nothing but a money grab. The DVD and Blu-ray contain the previously released movie disc, and the Magic Movie Mode version (which is nothing more than a spruced up version of the Blu-ray's In-Movie Experience) on a second disc. The digital version is just the Magical Movie Mode version and does NOT include the movie.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
The Magic Movie Mode has been added to the extras on my digital 4K copy of the film on iTunes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks