What's new

Anybody Use a French Press? (1 Viewer)

MichaelBA

Supporting Actor
You know, Seth, it's only after I bought my Bodum that I realized I could have gone for a stainless steel press. Thing of it is, I was at a Le Creuset outlet and found the brand new Bodum severely discounted, so I just snapped it up then and there.

But... hmm. You got me thinking now....

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Get a cup-warmer. Dunno if you have them over there, but there's this little gadget which looks like a tiny stove-top, it's just a pad on which you can place a cup or mug, plugs in and it heats the cup/mug, or rather keeps it warm. I haven't seen bigger versions which could hold a large French press, but wouldn't be surprised if there are some.

Having said that, the device is one of those cheapo ones probably made for the Asian market only, so you might have to hunt around a bit for one.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
The best way to avoid warming your coffee after it has been made and to keep it warm, is to pour yourself the initial cup and then immediately decant the rest into a thermos.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Any recommendations for a one or two cup (8-16 oz) french press, especially one that also serves as the coffee mug?

I don't drink much coffee, but it's becoming a habit to survive work. And if I'm going to drink coffee, I might as well drink decent coffee. So I've got a basic grinder but am still looking for a French Press. The Bodum travel press/mug had a single, poor review at Target.com and that's the only one I've found that meets my needs. A 4+ cup press is far too large for me. And I'd rather not have a press which must then be poured into a mug. Any help is appreciated. My budget goal is $20. :)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I believe starbucks has a FrenchPress+Tumbler (coffee travel mug) in one... Should be pretty inexpensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks