What's new

Any news about Ren & Stimpy on DVD? (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
about a year ago i ordered the first 15 muppet show sets. i used the pay in 4 installments option.
with shippimg it was about $140. the s&h was $23.
they charged my ard the entire price no installment plan.

so when i called to complain about it they refunded the cost of the set minus the shipping. and said they would recharge my card the 4 payments.

they never did.
so i got the 15 muppet sets for $23.

so sometimes they messup a good way.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Frankly, I've never had a problem with T/L...I'm a bit surprised by all of this. Makes me wonder if something's changed recently.

Jared M

Stunt Coordinator
thank you to those who replied with your problems. if you don't mind i'd like to use your statements.

Chris Xolotl

Second Unit
Only problems that I consistently have with T/L over the years is that they like to cancel my orders. ????

Then I have to call them up and get some b/s response about not being a valid cc, which is total bull.

Oh well.

Jim Moore

Agent
I'm surprised that there is not more outrage from R&S fans that these DVDs are NOT uncut. I'll stick with my VHS tapes of the original airings.

John CW

Supporting Actor
Wow, that's a GREAT review!!!

Can anyone tell me what this "Adult Party" thing is all about? And why these recently aired "adult" episodes were so awful?

Thanks!

~ John

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I do recall the re-air edits; I taped the original broadcasts and kept watching each week (until season 2 got too awful) but I lost my VHS tapes in a flood years ago.

I suspect that the only shorts on the DVDs that once aired in a less-edited form are the following:

Powdered Toast Man
What'll We Do 'Til Then
Dog Show

I don't think multiple versions exist of the other shorts on these discs.

"Big House Blues" was longer in the theater as part of the 3rd Animation Celebration, but I think the TV version was always edited.

John CW

Supporting Actor
Can anyone tell me what this "Adult Party" thing is all about? And why these recently aired "adult" episodes were so awful?

WillG

Senior HTF Member
The "Adult Party" Was/Still is? a set of all new Ren and Stimpy cartoon, with John Kricfalusi involved again. It was one of the cornerstones of the programming of the new "Spike" channel (formerly TNN) These episodes were supposed to bring new cartoons which, since not on Nick anymore would be more or less devoid of censorship on the part of the network. Uncut versions of some the classic episodes also aired as well. For the most part the reaction of fans was bad because pretty much all of the original cleverness was gone in the new episodes only to be replaced by gratuitous gross out humor. Also, the new eps made it abundantly clear (graphically so) that they were a homosexual couple, when in the original cartoons that line was blurred.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
I can't seem to find these discs on the TIME/LIFE website. Are they still available? Would someone who is dissatisfied with their set (PQ or cuts) be willing to sell them? Feel free to PM me with offers. Many thanks.

david_slater

Stunt Coordinator
i dont think TIME/LIFE sells them anymore. :frowning:
im glad i got mine when i did.
i love this cartoon, it so funny! :D

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Good luck Rob.

One things for sure. You are not going to like the prices you find. :wink:

Better now. At one point these were going $175+

It's when I sold mine. And I dont really regret it. I actually have the uncut versions taped anyways which these DVD's were not.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
Shazbot! :angry:

I missed the boat on this one. How long were the discs available, anyway? Less than a year?

It looks like the legit discs sometimes go for a little as $75 on Ebay these days.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Rob,

I am not sure. But, these werent available long at all.

Much less then a year. I think maybe only a few months if I remember correctly.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Is there any word on an official release in the works though?

Weak edits aside, I really wanted to pick up this collection but apparently Time Life doesn't like Canadians or our money so I lost out...

If only the Canadian Kilted Yaksmen episode were to have been included, I'd unregretfully dip on the overpriced Ebay listings but at this point I just cant justify that.

Why would T/L's license expire so quickly, can anyone shed some light on the future of Ren and Stimpy on DVD, I need to get my fix and want to know if I should go the Ebay route before prices get even more exorbiant...

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
Ive been recording SPIKE's broadcasts to DVD-R over the past few months, it has taken alot of work. I would almost be bummed to discover an official release is on the way...

I cant identify all of them them, but I have noticed a couple trims on some episodes. This week, they aired "Big Baby Scam" and I noticed grandpa's whistling in the bathtub was gone. About 3-5 seconds I would guess. The TIME dvds from last year were unedited, hopefully, a future DVD release would be unedited as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks