What's new

Any news about Ren & Stimpy on DVD? (1 Viewer)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Same here. mine shipped Sept 30 and I dont have it yet.

Said 2-3 weeks for shipping.

Chris Harrison

Stunt Coordinator
I just called Time-Life and according to their automated system I should have received mine by now. They are shipping another set today. Now I have to wait another 2-3 weeks:angry:

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
I order two sets on 9/19 and got them about a week later. One disc was cracked and was notified on 10/6 that there is a long wait for them. Same thing happened with Beavis and Butthead. They said 4 to 6 weeks but I had them in less than three.

Shawn Sefranek

Second Unit
Happy-Happy……Joy-Joy :D

I got my DVD’s on Saturday. (Ordered Sep 25th)
I didn’t get a chance to check them out yet.

Funny thing though. I also got a postcard the same day saying they were backordered for 30-Days.

Shawn S

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
wow, I must have really good luck with Time/Life then. Mine shipped on Sept. 26 and I got them sept. 30.

I hope they get their act together so you get yours.

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
It's been over 3 weeks since my set was supposedly shipped, so I called Time/Life. They agreed to send out a new set (which could take up to an additional 2 weeks :angry:).

Quite a few people around the 'net haven't been getting their shipments. I wonder if a batch was lost or stolen? Or perhaps Time/Life dropped the ball somewhere in their shipping/billing system?

By the time I finally get these discs, Paramount will probably announce Season Box Sets. :)

Chris Harrison

Stunt Coordinator
As I stated above, last Friday was three weeks with no DVDs for me so I called Time-Life and they agreed to ship me a new set that day. I'm starting to think they never sent my initial order out in the first place. I have a hard time believing that so many of our orders were lost in the mail and Time-Life is willing to eat the cost of sending out new sets to this many people. When I ordered Beavis and Butthead I had my order in 4-5 days, this order its been almost a month and still no DVDs. :angry:

Chris Harrison

Stunt Coordinator
Thinking about the fact that I still didnt have my DVDs got me fired up. I just called Time Life and found out that my "2nd" order still hasnt shipped. It is now backordered with delays of approx. 6 weeks. I just cancelled my order.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Maybe their production facility is just an intern in a cubicle with a DVD burner. :/

-Dave

Nick Totoro

Stunt Coordinator
It's a shame people are having such problems getting these discs. I got a card from Time/Life saying I'd get them on the 22nd and actually got them last Wednesday... about two days after I got the card.

Nick

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
You know, I've had my set for awhile and barely watched any of it. I watched a few of my favorites that are on the set, and they were still funny I guess, but I was a little underwhelmed after all these years without seeing them. Something was different and I don't know if I can really explain it.

It was like, ok that was funny, next! Oh, and I used to love Ren and Stimpy when it was on Nick, and I've only seen the new cartoon once.

Jared M

Stunt Coordinator
I ordered mine on September 12, they "shipped" on October 1, I waited until October 27, got in contact with Time Life saying I never received them. they said I'd be shipped a replacement. they tried to charge me for a replacement, this caused my credit card to go over my limit, and they decided to not send the replacement but to credit back my card for this order only. so now i have two charges, an over the limit charge on my credit card, interest rates for two months, and nothing to show except a large bill for nothing. John Rose, an e-commerce associate said that it's not their fault I never got it but if I use another credit card, they'll consider charging me for another order at their convenience. I'll wait for Paramount (fingers crossed).

Chris Harrison

Stunt Coordinator
As I stated in my earlier posts, I got tired of getting the runaround from Time-Life so I finally canceled my order. I questioned the customer service rep if I would be getting an e-mail confirmation showing the order was canceled. She stated since she was canceling the order via phone she could not send me an e-mail? She stated she would send a letter confirming the cancellation. Well, last week I received a letter from Time-Life stating that it was too late to cancel my order as it had already shipped:angry: According to the letter my options are to just keep the set (what a suprise) or to refuse the delivery. If I refuse the delivery it will take a few weeks for them to refund my credit card. What a bunch of BS. I had planned on ordering the Muppets set and What's Happening from Time-Life but after this fiasco they can forget it.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Supposed to have shipped on Sept 30. On Oct 30, I called and suppsedly a replacement went out.

Nothing yet.

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
Finally received my replacement order, more than a month after I placed the original order. I'll be on the lookout for duplicate credit card charges.

Time-Life customer service is a disgrace and I will never order from them again.

Paramount needs to step up and give us a proper set of discs at retail.

Brajesh Upadhyay

Supporting Actor
My original order supposedly shipped 9/30 & I never got it. So, last week, I called & got them to ship a new set via UPS 2-Day. That arrived 3 days later.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks