What's new

Alien 5 by James Cameron! (1 Viewer)

Bhagi Katbamna

Supporting Actor
I'm happy that he dissed Alien3. It was Alien in a jail populated by characters who should have been killed as part of their punishment for their cirmes.

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
I think Cameron should start fresh without Weaver. If he doesn't, how is he going to get around that Hybrid Ripley Clone, remember she lived at the end of 4? I bet the studio would be a bit unhappy if they heard he was going to act like 3 & 4 didn't exist, after all it may hurt future video sales. If Cameron brings that Weaver clone back, I don't know if I'd even bother.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Whatever Cameron does I am sure he will have more respect for the characters and the Audience then 20th Century Fox did with the last two movie although I dont think Alien 4 was half as bad as 3.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
I think Scott and Cameron were cringing in their boots when Alien 3 & 4 came out.

They keep saying that Scott will direct and Cameron will write. The best of both worlds as they did the best two films of the series.

Cameron keeps saying he's pissed at Alien 3 for killing off his Ripley and Newt and Hicks and Bishop (and he mentioned the mother/child subplot that is the heart of Aliens-- Ripley will do anything to protect Newt as she's become a mother-figure for the child, and the alien queen will do anything to protect her brood). I see that as a sign that Alien 3 & 4 will be dismissed.

I have no problem with that at all. They don't need to make reference to them at all. The series will go Alien, Aliens, and whatever Scott and Cameron decide to call the next one. The other two are bastard step kids. I'm even sure the Fox execs won't have a problem with that seeing as who wants to be associated with the picture, and the others were bombs at the box office.

I will have to say that Aliens is one of the finest bits of sci-fi/action to be put to celluloid yet.

Arnie involved with Aliens?? I'm all over that!!

Dan

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor

Wow, first Alien 3 went over my head, and now I can't even understand your post! (No doubt the subtlety and depth was just too much for me). I must be a complete lunk-head, huh?! :rolleyes:

You're right, I disliked the movie and therefore had no desire to, "resist (my) natural disaffection and actually examine the plot more closely."

Not only did I not "...bother trying to work at watching the movie," I didn't bother to finish watching the movie, period. After the extended autopsy sequence on little Newt (not only a long, drawn out autopsy scene on a character we grew to like in the previous film, but a child character, as well--the height of offensiveness) and the stuuu-pid scene of the guy falling into the industrial fan and literally getting cut to pieces, I'd had enough and walked.

If you desire to "swallow your boredom and detachment from" Alien 3 and "recognize interesting themes woven throughout" this pretentious drivel, then hey, knock yourself out. Me? I'll be watching Aliens again... or Citizen Kane. :)

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
No prequel, I'm sick of prequels. It won't work anyway the first meeting is Alien.

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor

Sounds good to me. You could even make a gag about it:

Hicks: (helping Ripley up out of the sleep chamber) "So, Ripley, how'd ya' sleep? Did you dream?"

Ripley: (pushing her tossled hair out of her face) "Mmm, yeah. Weird dreams. Horrible dreams...!"

Heck, works for me. You'd get a agreeing chuckle out of the audience then, bam! Away we go...!

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
Sorry, I'm against a prequel.

What about Ripley & Hicks age, not mention Newt?

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor

Hell, son, ain't you ever heard of CGI?!

I don't know? If Cameron wants to reinject the characters into the franchise, that's his problem...! :D

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
I never heard of CGI used to make someone younger with any real success.

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
I read somewhere that they were going to use CGI on Hopkins in RD. But I didn't put to much credence in it.

Ben Osborne

Second Unit
I kind of doubt that a director would pretend that the last two Alien movies never happened to bring back the character of Corporal Hicks. He was not exactly three-dimensional. Plus, Michael Biehn's stock has fallen pretty drastically since 1986. Would Cameron want him back? He'd probably rather have Bill Paxton back as Hudson.

George Monroy

Stunt Coordinator
I say that he has 3 choices:

1) Dismiss 3 & 4 and make them dreams. Continue after Aliens.

I would be fine with this one.

2) Continue after Alien 4 and follow the Ripley clone and the synthetic(Wynona Rider).

Yawner.

3) Start after Alien 4 but do not follow the clone and the Synthetic(Wynona Rider). Instead do a story where the military or the corporation go to the Alien homeworld if they can find it and make Arnold a Super soldier of some sort. He can be genetically enhanced ala Captain America and be cybernetically enhanced.

I prefer this one.
This would rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks