Alien 5 by James Cameron!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by dan fritzen, Jul 7, 2003.

1. Russell B

Russell B Stunt Coordinator

I hope Cameron and his big ego don't take over T4. He didn't want to give the fans T3 so i say ditch him. He's been lazy anyway since the Titanic sweep of the awards. He's done the documentaries but big deal. I would like to see him do TL2 but thats it.

2. Norm

Norm Cinematographer

Norm
    I hope he turns Alien³ & 4 into a dream! I not a big fan of 3 and I can't stand 4.

3. DAN NEIR

DAN NEIR Guest

THANK GOD Cameron is coming back!!!! Hopefully he can erase all the damage done by the utter crap that was Alien3, the worst sequel ever made in my opinion. I wonder how it is going to be made though, will they pick up after 4 or just make the events after 2 just a dream. I'd vote for just ignoring that crap and picking up after 2.

And adding Arnold would just be excellent!

4. John Doran

John Doran Screenwriter

5. Jim Peavy

Jim Peavy Supporting Actor

Oops, my bad. :b I apologize.

6. DAN NEIR

DAN NEIR Guest

It sure most bug the minority that like Alien3 that their movie which is soo hated by the majority is probable about to become nothing more than a bad dream. [​IMG] They sure do come out to defend that piece of garbage every chance they get.

Looking again at that comment by Cameron it would seem to suggest that they plan on ignoring or erasing Alien 3. How else could you "rectify" that problem. He wants Ripley in it, so I'm guessing Newt and Hicks would be back too if this happens. I'd love to see Michael Biehn back, haven't seen him in a movie in years.

7. Randall Z

Randall Z Stunt Coordinator

This may be a dumb question, but how far away is this movie?

8. Justin_S

Justin_S Producer

If they ignorantly try and turn ALIEN3 into a dream with ALIEN 5, I'll just ignore 5 and look at the first four films as the full storyline. Doesn't bother me one way or the other.

9. DAN NEIR

DAN NEIR Guest

Pretty much the way I ignore 3 and just look at the 1st 2 movies as the full story.

10. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

11. DAN NEIR

DAN NEIR Guest

But how can you bring back Ripley(not the clone) and possible Newt and Hicks w/o ignoring the 3rd?

12. George Monroy

George Monroy Stunt Coordinator

You cannot.

# and 4 are dreams. That is all that can be done. No biggie to me. So what if they are dreams. It doesn't make them any less entertaining.

13. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

But it is a cheap cop-out. I say let him make something up that is truly genius.

14. DAN NEIR

DAN NEIR Guest

There's no other way around it.

15. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Then don't work around it.

A good thing he could do is somehow create a prequel or sidestory explaining something new to the Alien universe.

16. Robert Ma

Robert Ma Second Unit

Time travel is the answer. Works for Star Trek [​IMG]

17. DAN NEIR

DAN NEIR Guest

But I think the problem is that Cameron as well as the majority of the fans want to see the current story fixed. Alot of people hate what they did w/ those characters and want to see it corrected. It may be a cop out but I agree w/ making 3 a dream or just ignoring it out right.

18. Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel Producer

No matter what Cameron does, the 3rd and 4th films aren't going anywhere. Get used to that idea, Alien 3 naysayers. [​IMG] They may become an 'evolutionary dead end' in the Alien series depending upon what approach Cameron takes, but they will still exist for the fans to enjoy. ( Well, for those of us who appreciate 3's somber reality and how it deals with the inevitability of all of our fates. [​IMG] )

Perhaps the entirety of Alien 5 could be Ripley dreaming in her stasis chamber aboard the Sulaco? [​IMG] [​IMG]

- Walter.

19. Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk Cinematographer

I could care less what they do with 3 and 4. As far as I'm concerned they could have this at the beginning. "This story will continue at the end of Aliens."

I mean come on, who really cares? Alien 3 killed off the characters, bad. Was on a planet with a bunch of ingrates, bad. Hell, I was pulling for the Alien the whole time. I mean who actually pulls for the people who raped 50 people. I love Fincher, but real nice job there finding characters we could like...

I assume Weaver needed a new house or something, I can't imagine why she would star in the series that made her big, but agreed that an alien calling her momma was a good idea.

20. DavidAC

DavidAC Stunt Coordinator

Yeah I personally wouldnt mind Cameron disregarding 3 & 4 and just pick up right after Aliens, I pretty much disregard them now. And I dont think any new Directors Cut will save Alien 3, though I did like the music.

Well its nice to hear that if another Alien flick happens either Ridley Scott or James Cameron will be behind it or maybe even both [​IMG]

Also nice to hear he approves of T3.