What's new

Alien 5 by James Cameron! (1 Viewer)

dan fritzen

Second Unit
3) Start after Alien 4 but do not follow the clone and the Synthetic(Wynona Rider). Instead do a story where the military or the corporation go to the Alien homeworld if they can find it and make Arnold a Super soldier of some sort. He can be genetically enhanced ala Captain America and be cybernetically enhanced. I prefer this one. This would rock.
Instead of a super soldier just make it that Arnold has a robotic body covered in human flesh from cyberbynes cystems! Make it a B rated Terminator vs Aliens.

Only Kidding

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
What if the Aliens made their own version of Ripley (a human/alien hybrid working for THEIR side) and this ended up being Arnold (or perhaps Michael Biehn)?

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
I have a hunch we may see things happen a little later after the Sulaco (sp?) is picked up. That would explain the age differences between Aliens and the next one.

My prediction: Michael Biehn will be back, so will Lance Henriksen, Sigourney Weaver, and they could use any sorta-lookalike for a slightly older Newt (Carrie Henn doesn't act anymore and would be too old). Arnold will probably either be a military commander or an evil Company man, or hell even a scientist studying the aliens.

Hmmm... I just hope we find out the answers sooner than later as nobody in the potential cast is getting any younger.

Dan

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure Carrie purposely backed out acting. She may just not have been offerred more roles. As for her age, it depends when they set it. She hasn't aged any more than anyone else since Aliens.

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor
Ooooo, I just remembered: Sigourney Weaver is against guns in her movies. She said if she'd known (going into it) that Aliens was gonna' be so "gun-happy" she wouldn't have done it (didn't she read the script?)

I don't know where that leaves her and Cameron. He's pretty fond of showing off weaponry in his SF/action films.

sheldon M.

Stunt Coordinator
There is really nothing of interest left to do with any more Alien movies. Ever since Cameron had Marines blowing them away en masse in Aliens they lost their aura of invincibility and menace. Any new movie would be a rehash of older ones i.e. a small group against one or more Aliens. Since Cameron showed they could easily be killed by the military there really isn't a major threat to humanity from these Aliens. The original movie is by far the best and Cameron threw away all the subtlety that made it great by going for the big summer blockbuster. The only way I'd be interested in a new one is if it was made by Ridley Scott-but honestly I don't know how even he could make it worth seeing......

John Doran

Screenwriter
Since Cameron showed they could easily be killed by the military there really isn't a major threat to humanity from these Aliens.
so i guess since people are "easily" killed by other people, people don't pose a threat to each other and humanity....

i don't know about you, but there are a lot of war movies that i find compelling, compulsively watchable, and deeply tragic....why not a war movie with aliens?

there are still so many cool things that can be done with the alien species. so, so many....

Marvin Richardson

Supporting Actor
There is really nothing of interest left to do with any more Alien movies. Ever since Cameron had Marines blowing them away en masse in Aliens they lost their aura of invincibility and menace. Any new movie would be a rehash of older ones i.e. a small group against one or more Aliens. Since Cameron showed they could easily be killed by the military there really isn't a major threat to humanity from these Aliens. The original movie is by far the best and Cameron threw away all the subtlety that made it great by going for the big summer blockbuster. The only way I'd be interested in a new one is if it was made by Ridley Scott-but honestly I don't know how even he could make it worth seeing......
What? Maybe I watched a different movie, but ONE marine made it off the planet. ONE. Who got blown away? Easily killed by the military? One of the big points of the whole movie was that the aliens couldn't be killed by brute force, because there are too many of them. Do you really think the alien from the first movie would have stood a chance against a squad of well-armed marines on its own? Of course not. It took out a crew of CIVILIANS one at a time, it did not take them out head on.
I've seen criticisms of Aliens that made sense, but I can't agree at all with this one.

Beau

Supporting Actor
I'm with the ones who say to just create a who new storyline, no Weaver, no returning characters. Though I do love the first 2 and like the last 2. I think the Ripley saga should have ended with Alien 3. Her dying at the end of 3 really ended that well, though I thought AR was fun, it was totally unnecessary(sp?) storywise IMO.

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
john doran wrote (post #96):

You're right. I don't feel compelled by what is essentially a lot a jabber about the rehashing of the first two Alien movies. I think Mr. Cameron had it right when, shortly after the successful release of Aliens (1986), he was asked about doing a second Alien sequel (paraphrasis): "I have nothing more to add to the Alien saga." (And I believe that applies still, even if he's changed his mind now.)

John Doran

Screenwriter
"I have nothing more to add to the Alien saga."
he very well may not. but that doesn't mean there's nothing to be added.

for instance, almost any one of the dark horse alien mini-series is an addition to what is arguably the alien apologue, as well as an interesting (dare i say compelling and ORIGINAL) accretion to the literature of I-D-E-A-S you (rightly, i think) believe science fiction to be.

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
john doran wrote (post #98):

Actually, if you've read my other (linked) posts carefully you should have been able to pick up on the fact that I do believe that there are some interesting things that could still be done with the material. (What I consider "unfinished business".) However, I remain unconvinced that big-time Hollywood movie-makers are willing to take those risks and do those things. And, judging by a lot of the ideas expressed here and in the MANY other previous HTF threads on this topic---if we may assume the ideas expressed there to be representative of the tastes and expectations of the likely movie-going audience for such films---I can understand why they wouldn't be willing to take such risks.

John Doran

Screenwriter
However, I remain unconvinced that big-time Hollywood movie-makers are willing to take those risks and do those things. And, judging by a lot of the ideas expressed here and in the MANY other previous HTF threads on this topic---if we may assume the ideas expressed there to be representative of the tastes and expectations of the likely movie-going audience for such films---I can understand why they wouldn't be willing to take such risks.
this, on the other hand, is beautifully succinct; truer words have perhaps never been spoken.

i could have sworn i was the only person around here who thought like this.

cool.

- jd

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks