What's new

Alien 5 by James Cameron! (1 Viewer)

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor

Sheesh, Rex, get off of it. I mean this thread really hasn't been about offering scenarios for possible Alien sequels, just that Cameron might be interested in continuing the franchise.

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
john doran wrote (post #89):

Yet there they are, rather plentiful among the other comments, and many of the ideas expressed around here are scarcely different from those expressed over and over again elsewhere in the HTF and, I dare say, at other Web sites, which was my point in the first place.

Bruce_S

Second Unit
Does Jim Cameron really need Arnold in this movie? Is just going to increase his budget to $30 mil. - If he does, I think Arnold will be an android.. who knows... He's better off getting CGI replacement.. IMO...

-bruce

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor

This doesn't suggest the ideas here are guilty of being merely repetitious, but are rather not up to your elite intellectual standards. It's an insult, in other words.

But nice try.

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
Bruce_S wrote (post #103):

You won't get very far trying to tell me my mind. I can tell you that right now. My main point was exactly what I've said it was: basically, that most of the ideas expressed here about plots etc. for any further Alien-films have been expressed over and over in public forums, including HTF ones, and that they mostly represent a desire to see the "same old same-old", as far as I can tell. Whether or not you or anyone else is insulted by the expression of desire on my part to see something not covered so far in the series, if the series is even to continue at all---which I personally think is a bad idea---, yet something that's scientifically plausible and at the same time organic to the story---no "terminators", please!---well, that's another matter, and not my problem.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Ah, the prospect of the crossover rears its ugly head. If they need, or feel they need, that gimmick, then that's a sign that the series is truly defunct, creatively speaking.
I dunno, it does seem to be the new trend in the industry, look at all the VS projects floating around (Superman vs Batman, Alien vs Predator, Freddy vs Jason and god knows what else...). Perhaps it comes from the music industry, try and find a rap album nowadays that doesn't feature some R&B star...

--
H

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
Holadem wrote (post #106):

"New trend"? Try Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man (1943), House of Frankenstein (1944), House of Dracula (1945), Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein (1948), Abbott and Costello Meet the Invisible Man (1951), Abbott and Costello Meet Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1953), Abbott and Costello Meet the Mummy (1955), King Kong versus Godzilla (1962), et al.

This doesn't even begin to mention horror characters such as these from outside of the Universal franchises (silly, but not necessarily uninteresting, low-budget "ripoffs" like Billy the Kid vs. Dracula (1966)).

Uh-uh. Whatever else it may be, this trend isn't "new". Like most things in Hollywood these days, it's a retread, and an old gimmick to prop up dying "franchises", to boot.

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
I'm really excited that James wants to return to the aliens franchise, especially Because he has something to offer. I think after he made aliens it was a labor intensive experience and the last thing that he wanted to think about was another alien. He's had plenty of time to think of somewhere to take the story of Ripley and others, I really hope that the story is way beyond anything discussed on this thread because it would be way too obvious and lame. To think that he would give 3 and 4 any respect after the board room of executives gave none to 2 is ludicris. I especially hope that he has a beef with the way the franchise has been screwed almost beyond repair and he makes it his damdest to make things right. We need to see Cameron with his passion and vision and we will be pleased.

John Doran

Screenwriter
i see your abbott and costello and your bill and ted, and raise you one "Ernest meets the Alien".

now that's high cinema.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks