What's new

Acoustic Treatments (1 Viewer)

joelJ

Auditioning
I have the unfornite reality of using my living room to double as my Home Theater. I am using the Klipsch Refrence series speaker system, Denon 3800 series AV equipment and a Mitsubishi DLP Projection TV. What I would like to do is work on my acoustics in the room. I found acoustic pannels and stuff, but I need something that will look good for a living room envorment too. Anyone know of anything, or have any Ideas where I can look? Any Suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Joel: fashionable acoustical treatments can be pricey to have them well-integrated into your room. However, if you are crafty, you can make your own with your own designs as you see fit.

Fiberboard panels is the main source for absorbtion, diffusors are much harder to make, they can also be purchased if you want to use diffusors.

I recommend reading up on acoustics first, F alton Everest's: Master Handbook of Acoustics is a great starting point for the uninitiated.

Chris White

Second Unit
Here is my web page with instructions on building acoustic treatments: Acoustical Treatments

If you use cloth that matches or complements your wall paint, these treatments are effective and aesthetically pleasing.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Since you're asking for purchasing advice, I've moved your thread to here. Basics is for general discussion (not purchasing advice) at the beginner level.

Rutgar

Second Unit
Chris, looking at your "before/after" graph; Aren't you skewing the results by using the Behringer in the graph?

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Rutgar,

Chris is using the Feedback Destroyer, which is typically used only for subwoofers. The acoustical treatments he was referring Joel to will effect only the upper frequencies. So, the EQ isn’t altering the results because it’s only affecting frequencies below what the treatments address.

I hope that makes sense.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

joelJ

Auditioning
ok, where can I look for different designs of accoustic treatments? I would like to see some so I can get some ideas of what to build.

-Joel-

Nat Ward

Agent
Joel - I'm away from home right now and won't be back until after the first of the year, but send me an email at [email protected] and it'll remind me to email pics of my home made panels. They're pretty darn similar to Chris's, but still different enough that you might consider it another option.
Nat

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks