What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Fly Away Home -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
If ever there were films in which the directors depended for everything upon their cinematographers Fly Away Home is one of them -- right up there with Lawrence and The Godfather(s). In this case, the cinematographer is Caleb Deschanel, who once again serves as the capturer of images of director Carroll Ballard (The Black Stallion).

Fly Away Home is one of those films that come around once in a generation that tells wonderful story that can be appreciated by children and adults alike.

As I've noted in other commentaries, for the uninitiated, the task is simple. Pick up a copy of this gorgeous Blu-ray and become a fan. Couldn't be more simple.

This is a terrific release on Blu-ray.

For those that seek a rating. How about:

Very Highly Recommended!

RAH

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I would think Carroll learned a thing or two about cinematography from his old man, who I always thought was one of the best cinematographers of all-time and who was so underappreciated by even his own craft group. At least the ones from his generation.

As far as this film in particular, it has always been a favorite of mine and I couldn't wait to view it in 1080p last week. It looks simply gorgeous and I highly recommend too.

On a side note, I wish Carroll directed more films than he has in his career because there are three films of his that I consider very fine films.

Crawdaddy

Jim*Tod

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jim
I agree... and let's hope we get improved blu ray and standard dvd versions of THE BLACK STALLION and NEVER CRY WOLF which also merit high quality presentation. The current editions of both are very poor.

theonemacduff

Second Unit
Real Name
Jon Paul
The Escape Artist was released on DVD several years ago, but Crusoe may never see the light of day. I tried to find out who had the rights, so I could contact them with a plea, but wasn't successful.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks