What's new

4k on a projector...which would you get? (1 Viewer)

Luis Gabriel Gerena

Second Unit
"Though I know a few people who have untrained eyes and like the LCD, I can't watch one w/o seeing inadequate black level and the rainbow effect.
Something to keep in mind."
LCDs don't have "rainbow" effect as they don't have a color wheel. No wonder you don't like digital projectors, if you are seeing rainbow effect in LCD which everyone knows (well obviously not everyone) that can't be then not liking their black level is a given. People will see what they want or need to see that's human nature...now that's something to keep in mind and speaking of untrained eyes...well I guess that you own statement is the best way to analyze the previous quote:
"Forming an opinion based on ignorance is weird."
For the last time, yes LCDs, or any digital projector for that matter, lack real blacks but it is something that most people won't mind and its easier to get used to than you think, otherwise digital projectors wouldn't be as successful as they are right now. I enjoy my projector big time and don't mind the black level...of course if I were to place my direct view tv near my projector screen to compare the image then I'll probably be bother with the black level but why in the world would I do that for?! Call me weird but I rather enjoy my movies and image quality rather than spend my life looking for errors and deficiencies...I call it "enjoyment".
[Edited last by Luis Gabriel Gerena on September 16, 2001 at 10:40 PM]

John-D

Stunt Coordinator
Lack of blacks is just ONE of the problems with digital projectors. In fact the lack of good blacks can be corrected to a greater extent to be close enough to theater levels.
Remember CRT's give blacks that are blacker than those at the theater. Digital projectors need not be that dark. They just have to achieve something close to a theatrical experience.
------------------
The things we own end up owning us

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
The Sharp 9000 is the best digital projector
Not so. Sharp already has the 10000U which is an HD2 projector and the Infocus 7200 DLP betters the Sharp 9000U as well. Actually, there are a number of HD2 projectors available, all around the US$10K MRSP level.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks