What's new

2 new Bond movies(License to Kill, The Man with the Golden Gun) in May! (1 Viewer)

MattFini

Supporting Actor
Fox's strategy is absolutely baffling here. If they're going to start these titles with an option to buy them individually or in box sets, how do they decide to not continue it?

On the plus side, I popped both discs in earlier in the week to check the A/V quality and I was very impressed. These titles are up to the standards set by the first few waves (especially License to Kill ... WOW).

While it's sad to see some tentpole titles like the Star Trek films receive such a controversial release, I couldn't be happier that 007 is getting it right during the first trip to Blu-ray.

Bring on the last 9 discs, please!

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim

I'm baffled as well. I've been told the 2 films will not be ad at Target and Best Buy next week either. Amazon has them for $22, but I was hoping for prices similar to the last wave. I picked up the last wave at Target for $15 each. I wonder if the Best Buy exclusive box set has something to do with how oddly the are handling the release of these 2 Bond films. I know they are considered the 2 lowest selling ones.

Great to hear that the picture and sound is great on them.

Maybe they will bundle these 2 with the next wave of releases? In addition maybe they will issue the steelbook versions then as well?

I am excited about the other Bond films coming this year too. Hopefully we will have some news on titles and dates for the next wave soon.

Thornhill

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tony
I'm hoping that when the next wave is released Amazon will do a similar sale to what they did when QoS was released. They did the sale where the more you buy, the cheaper they are. I think they didn't offer a sale or greater discount because it was only two titles being released. I think they figure people need more coaxing if there are multiple titles released simultaneously.
Anyway, I'm waiting for a better price on these.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim

Deep Discount right? When do they have a 20% off sale???

Amazon has LTK at $20.99 this morning. Golden Gun is still at $22.99.

I guess I'm going to wait until the prices come down a bit more.

I was hoping Amazon would do another of their big sales too. Maybe the 2 titles weren't enough for them to have a sale on all of the Bond blu rays this time as they did for Quantum and the other 007 titles released in March.

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
I'm happy to report that the Gun Bbl. opening audio (DTS remix) on "MWTGG" is actually louder than the MGM lion roar for once. I'd rather have it balanced this way. Picture quality is fantastic as well.

This film has grown on me over the years, but Sean is still the man for me. It's hard to describe what it was like seeing "Goldfinger" in 1965 as a very impressionable 9 year old. Those feelings have never subsided over the years, and it is still my favorite Bond film.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Best Buy and Target did not have them on sale. Amazon has Golden Gun for 22.99 and LTK at 20.99.

Maybe there will be a Father's Day sale on the titles.

When will Deep Discount have their 20% off sale?

Tom M

Stunt Coordinator
I watched LTK on Friday and was amazed by the PQ. This one was photographed soft but the BR was just stunning throughout. Some have complained about "heavy" EE but I saw none, not even a little. Not saying there isn't any just that I didn't see it. Wasn't looking for it either.

Licence is one of my favorite Bond films and I was thrilled to see it looking so good. I've owned this on several formats (VHS, LD, DVD) and the BR beats them all.

The AQ is no slouch either. The bass during the title song is killer! The explosions are no slouch either!

Will watch Golden Gun eventually. The Star Trek box set has my attention for now. ;)

MattFini

Supporting Actor
Licence to Kill is one of my top three favorite Bond films too and I was absolutely thrilled with the A/V on this disc.

Didn't notice any EE, either.

MGM continues to blow me away with these Bond flicks. Worth every penny, and then some.

Now, bring on GoldenEye and OHMSS!!!!!

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
The Best Buy Quantum set with Golden Gun and LTK in it is on sale for $60 this week.

Hopefully the other retailers can have a decent sale on the 2 older titles.

It would be nice to hear about the next wave of releases as well. Hopefully for a July or August release? Spy Who Loved Me would be nice to have in the next wave.

Edward Schatz

Second Unit
It's annoying they didn't put these out in steel books. Despite the fact they make no difference to their ability to be kept on a shelf, I prefer some uniformity. Sigh.

RDarrylR

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Darryl
Finally received both of these today. From my viewing so far they both look and sound great!

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim

Where did you order them from?

I've heard great things about both films transfers. I'm watching Golden Gun right now and the DTS MA track is Great! Wow!
Picture looks good as well. Very impressed!!!

Is there any news on the next wave of 007 releases?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks