What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
Today, North Dallas Forty. Ted Kotcheff – a native of Canada – has carved out a career as a talented director spanning different continents and following in the mold set by the likes of Leo McCarey and Robert Wise. After attracting international attention with the Australian New Wave movie Wake in Fright (1971), he returned to his native Canada to make The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz (1974) before Hollywood came calling for his services. By the end of the decade, he had made two comedies – Fun with Dick and Jane (1977) for Columbia Pictures and Who’s Killing the Great Chefs of Europe? (1978) for Warner Bros. – and would hit upon his first critical success in Tinseltown with North Dallas Forty. Released by Paramount Pictures on DVD and on Region Free Blu-ray by Imprint, Kino has licensed the movie for its UHD Blu-ray debut.

North Dallas Forty (1979)

Released: 03 Aug 1979
Rated: R
Runtime: 119 min...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
This film was a favorite of my Dad's - we went to see it several times, including a drive in. Not a big favorite of mine, but it brings back good memories so I will definitely buy a copy of this one. I must say that Nick Nolte was the perfect actor for the role. A great performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks