What's new

Warner Archive Discussion Thread (The Announcements/The Films) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
At the request of the membership we have created a new
Warner Archives Discussion Area delegated to discussing
new announcements as well as the films themselves.

Any feedback, positive or negative towards the program itself
should continue to be directed to this thread.

Thank You.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
The Archives is offering a new batch of "Buy Any 5 Of These Archive DVDs For Just $49.95":

Billy The Kid
Canyon River
Church Mouse
Devil Is A Sissy
Exit Smiling
Fallen Sparrow
Having Wonderful Time
Invitation
John Loves Mary
Orphans
Princess O'Rourke
Promises In The Dark
Spitfire
Temptress
Voices
We Were Dancing

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Thomas ,
Thanks for the update.Fallen Sparrow and Billy the kid have been on my rader for some time. I think i should be able to find three more out of the bunch. Any codes out there that will work on these?

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Watched HIGHWAY 301 last night. For a long time I have wanted to see the film and in veiwing it, I discovered that I had seen it many years ago, I guess as a late night movie. There were two scenes in the film that brought instant recongnition. The scene with the girl getting out of a locked room and the final hospital scene.

The film has a good transfer with little dirt or damage. The sound was also in good shape.

This was a good film with suspense, but the story line was preditable, possibly from the recesses of my brain, but more than likely the use of well known story telling technics.

Now it is on to PAY OR DIE with the great Ernest Borgnine.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Again, if Warner Bros. ever allows us to choose from all of their Archive titles and get them for this price, I am ready. Otherwise, I reluctantly decline.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Folks,you gotta remember that WARNER ARCHIVE is A SERVICE - and not only are you paying for the film - you're paying for The Service to acccess the "archive" :)

Simon Howson

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by DeWilson /forum/thread/293104/warner-archive-discussion-thread-the-announcements-the-films#post_3608698
Folks,you gotta remember that WARNER ARCHIVE is A SERVICE - and not only are you paying for the film - you're paying for The Service to acccess the "archive" :)
This makes no sense. You are buying a DVD (well DVD-R) plain and simple.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Originally Posted by Simon Howson /forum/thread/293104/warner-archive-discussion-thread-the-announcements-the-films#post_3608843
This makes no sense. You are buying a DVD (well DVD-R) plain and simple.
No, it makes sense - it's a service as they are custom making the DVD-Rs "to order for every order". They put it together and they send it out.
Like fast food is "food service" this is "video service" :)

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
I thought this new thread was for discussing Announcements and New Films. There's a separate thread for bitching, moaning and rending of garments ...

BrianRi

Stunt Coordinator
Originally Posted by PODER /forum/thread/293104/warner-archive-discussion-thread-the-announcements-the-films#post_3609082
I thought this new thread was for discussing Announcements and New Films. There's a separate thread for bitching, moaning and rending of garments ...
I agree. DeWilson and Simon, please take your dispute to the other thread.
Thanks!

Simon Howson

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by BrianRi /forum/thread/293104/warner-archive-discussion-thread-the-announcements-the-films#post_3609094
I agree. DeWilson and Simon, please take your dispute to the other thread.
Thanks!
YES SIR!

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gregory Mesh
At least 3 more bundles has been added and can be found by searching the database:
[COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Biographies 6 DVD Collection[/COLOR] (Abe Lincoln in Illinois, Edison the Man, Young Tom Edison, The Magnificent Yankee, Carbine Williams, The Adventures of Mark Twain)
[COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Robert Taylor 6 DVD Collection[/COLOR] (Above and Beyond, Billy the Kid, Party Girl, Johnny Eager, Quentin Durward, All the Brothers Were Valiant)
[COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]
Clark Gable & Joan Crawford 6 DVD Collection[/COLOR] (Chained, Dance, Fools, Dance, Forsaking All Others, Laughing Sinners, Love on the Run, Possessed (1931))

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Ordered the Robert taylor set and received 25% off so the 6 dvd pak came to 44 and change.

greylocke5

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richard G.
Originally Posted by borisfw /forum/thread/293104/warner-archive-discussion-thread-the-announcements-the-films#post_3610350
Ordered the Robert taylor set and received 25% off so the 6 dvd pak came to 44 and change.
What code did you use to get 25% off?

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by greylocke5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif">
What code did you use to get 25% off?
REWARD25....but it looks like it can only be used on these new value packs and not the previous value packs

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I didn't use a code this time. The set was 50% off to start.And i haven't been able to get a new code to work for a few weeks,so I put it in my cart and it was discounted another 25%.I week ago someone mentioned the insider club at WB.I signed up for it when the Archive started but never really got any new codes or anything from it, So i went to the Archives page and re signed up last week.They have a box that states "get 25% off order"so i clicked on it and it claimed that all i needed to do was put the dvd in my basket and it would be discounted.I tried it last week and it didn't work.But when i put the Taylor set in my basket last night,sure enough another 25% came off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks