What's new

Yankee Doodle Dandy BD via Warner Archive (1 Viewer)

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
SOLD!!!!!, as Robert Harris stated WB and WAC does indeed have some surprises in store for us, wonder what the next announcement will be :D

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
hands_clapping.gif

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
DAY ONE purchase for me...loved Cagney's Oscar-winning song-and-dance performance as George M. Cohan...nice to see George Feltenstein & Ned Price finally opening the catalog floodgates via the Warner Archive outlet... :dance:

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
shoeshineboy said:
Stupid question time - are these pressed or more MOD of a different archive feather?
Warner Archive Blu-rays are regular, pressed ones. The difference is that the discs are created in smaller batches, and re-pressed when supplies start to get low.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
This one always hits the right spots for me, and I'm not even a Yank! Saw a superb archive nitrate 35mm print of this at MoMA. May this BD beat the pants out of that! Definite purchase.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
David Weicker said:
Comparing the announced extras to the two-disc DVD, there might be a few omissions. (I say might because the initial announcement could be incomplete)Yankee Doodle BugsSeveral 'trailers' for other Cagney films.A Michael J, Fox hosted documentary about Cagney.My gut feeling is the doc won't be included, but the others might
Based on that, I'd say I'll be rehousing the Blu in the old DVD casing ... and keeping the second disc which has the documentary and the Bugs 'Yankee Doodle Dandy' cartoon. I'll be losing the various Cagney shorts but I don't think they're critical.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
May be a lapse in rights... Remember the Blu-ray of "Easter Parade" dropped the acclaimed American Masters documentary "Judy Garland: By Myself", which I think saw a lot of collectors keep the old DVD.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
classicmovieguy said:
May be a lapse in rights... Remember the Blu-ray of "Easter Parade" dropped the acclaimed American Masters documentary "Judy Garland: By Myself", which I think saw a lot of collectors keep the old DVD.
That was an error. Later pressings of Easter Parade had the documentary plus Warner sent a DVD of the documentary to anyone who bought the original blu ray and requested it.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Patrick Donahue said:
Amazon shows October 14 as well
Hopefully it will ship by that date at Amazon. My order from Amazon still says "Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date." I have Amazon Prime which usually means you get preorders on release day. It does show the 10/14 release date though.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Garysb said:
That was an error. Later pressings of Easter Parade had the documentary plus Warner sent a DVD of the documentary to anyone who bought the original blu ray and requested it.
I don't believe the Blu-ray was ever repressed. They just added the bonus DVD to all future packages. I bought it at a much later date and it came in a 2-disc case with 1 Blu-ray and 1 DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks