What's new

Yamaha V1300 Connection Dilemma (1 Viewer)

FrankieD

Auditioning
OK, here is my problem: my DVD player has both analog and a coax digital audio output, no optical. The V1300 does not offer a coax digital audio input specifically for the DVD player. It has 2 coax digital audio inputs, (one for CD, and one for D-TV/LD). My CD player only has/and is connected to the V1300’s CD analog audio inputs. This means that I cannot utilize the CD coax digital audio input for the DVD player.

So my question is: Can I use the D-TV/LD analog and digital connections for my DVD player without sacrificing any DTS, DSP, etc quality? The only thing I should need to do is select D-TV/LD, (not DVD), when watching DVD’s. Right???

Buying a new DVD player is not an option at this time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Video is not an issue. The DVD player is connected directly to the TV.

Equipment:Yamaha RX-V1300, Toshiba SD-1700 DVD, Older Sony 5 Disc CD Changer.

Thank you in advance.

Frank….

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It doesn't matter which input you use, as long as it works. If you aren't using the DTV or LD inputs, I don't think there is a reason why this wouldn't work, except you will have to look at it saying "LD" when you watch DVDs.

Tim Robbins

Agent
Look in the manual for something called "I/O Assigning"? You can assign the coax from the DTV input to the DVD, so you will plug the video into the DVD input, and the coax into the coax input on the DTV. when you select DVD on the receiver, all will work just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks