What's new

Compatibility Issues: eARC With Yamaha RX-V385 and Hisense 58R6E3 Roku Smart TV (1 Viewer)

ENIGMACODE

Agent
Real Name
Mike Harris
Hi Gang - Happy Holidays!

I bought a Yamaha RX-V385 - Then bought a Walmart Hisense Smart TV 58R6E3. I 'assumed' the Hisense had standard ARC? It does NOT. Apparently its eARC. When I search for recognition/connection (using Brand NEW ARC-HDMI cables), the TV displays the error message: device not recognized or "Is the eARC connected?" And BTW the only sound I get is from the RX-V385 tuner. No sound from the DVD player, No sound from the external Roku Ultra, No sound from the TV (using the outside antenna).

In addition, since the Yamaha RX-V385 only has 'one' Optical Audio Port, I was hoping the TV would recognize the audio source via the HDMI-ARC cable/connection allowing me to reserve that solitary Optical Audio Port for an older CD player (with Optical Audio Digital output). That issue may now be a mute point as I'm prepared to return the Hisense 58R6E3 TV (only a few days old), and look for something with standard ARC (not eARC)?

Another Possible Option:
Use the only Optical Port on the reciever for the TV audio, and substitute analog conections for the CD player and the reciever? But will this provide/restore sound for all the other devices thru the reciever?

Ant Ideas? Thank you ....

Mike

Last edited:

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Well considering the Yamaha RX-V385 IS an eARC receiver (these days non-eARC is reserved for cheaper soundbars) its very possible the tv is bad. Did you plug the receiver into HDMI1 though? That would be the first thing to look at assuming you didn't take it back. Nobody responded to this thread last week sooo...

EDIT: Did you ever turn on ARC-CEC at all? That's a setting in your Roku TV's internal bios.

1638993284308.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks