What's new
World Wide Stereo

Yamaha HTR-5860 Died (1 Viewer)

Tom.K

Agent
My new Yamaha HTR-5860 receiver just died. While playing music at a low volume the sound just stopped. No cloud of smoke, acrid odor or noise; just dead silence. I tried everything suggested in the trouble shooting section of the manual. At first I thought that the output section tripped. But after cooling off, still nothing. After 50 years around electronics I think I know when something is just dead. So it's going back for a replacement. I know two people that have Yamaha Receivers and they have had not trouble. At least my old NAD integrated still works. Has anybody had any trouble with the HTR-5860?

Thanks,
Tom

728x90

John S

Senior HTF Member
I have four 5890's out there and no problems yet.

None of them are at even a year of use yet though.

Tom.K

Agent
That's good to hear. Some component in the output stage must have burned out. Maybe an internal fuse. Sooner or later somebody will get a lemon. This time it was my turn. In the mean time I have Ascend 340 speakers due on Tuesday. I guess they will get auditioned on the old NAD.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BMan56
Recent bookmarks