What's new
World Wide Stereo

X1 and Component Lines (1 Viewer)

ChrisRuh

Stunt Coordinator
I have recently bought a X1 projector, and at the moment I have it connected to an older Pioneer DVD player (not a progressive-scan player) via a long S-video cable.

My Pioneer has component video output (that is how it is connected to my TV) and I was wondering if it would be worth purchasing a component adapter from Infocus with this setup? Do they make component lines that will stretch 15-20'? Will I see a noticable difference with a component connection rather than an S-video?

Sorry for the newbie question, but I can't seem to find an answer to this question.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Chris, I do think the S-video/component adapter would improve image a little bit. I have the X1 also, but I am using the VGA/component input with a progressive scan player. You can get component cables that long, I'm just not sure where. Some guys make their own with RG6 cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks