What's new

X-Box problem...What to do? (1 Viewer)

CraigR

Agent
Spoke with an xbox customer service rep regarding not being able to have digital sound and he indicated that this was "a known issue". He said that this may be some kind of a "compatibility problem". He stated that they are working on it and will call back to let me know of the solution or fix when it becomes known which is to be "soon". He suggested not taking it back to the store where purchased at this time.

steveC

Grip
I to had no sound thruough the optical source on

my Denon AVR-3600. I then reliased that under

digital inputs, in the System Setup Menu, optical

was turned to off(whoops). I changed the optical

setting to V.Aux and am now in 5.1 heaven.

CraigR

Agent
SteveC,

Are you talking about your Denon system setup menu? I have a B&K 307 and it will automatically check the various audio inputs with the digital option being checked first. I don't get any digital sound through my system. I can get analog though. It ticks me off that I can't do 5.1

Steve Herman

Auditioning
I had the same problem, just forgot to do one thing on my Denon. All I forgot to do was press the "Auto" button on the receiver so it would detect the 5.1 sound. Works like a charm now. Hope this helps!

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Ok, I have a different problem with my Xbox....the clock keeps on resetting itself. The first time this happened the light on the front went red and flashed red/green and then the box turned off and then I turned it back on, but all my saved games were gone as were all my settings. second time I had pressed the powerbutton to turn it off and then pressed the eject button to turn it on so I could change games. This time it just turned on and then immediatedly turned off and when I turned it back on clock was reset but at least I hadn't lost my saved games.

Tony_I

Stunt Coordinator
That's the first time I've heard something like that happening Kelly... Hmm, definitely sounds like a hardware issue...
So far, I've had absolutely no problems with my Xbox, or it's 5.1 sound,..etc, and I feel for the people who are having problems. I would, as usual, suggest taking your Xbox back and getting a new one.
It is really too bad MS is having problems in manufacturing the Xbox, but once they work out the bugs, they will be able to crank up the production scale..
I wonder how many of these bad Xbox were made on the day MS boasted making over 25k of em ... :frowning:

JoelH

Stunt Coordinator
I just called 1-800-4MY-XBOX about this problem. I was told that it was my Advanced A/V Pack and that I should replace it. The tech suggested this even though I told him that I had already gone through 3. When I explained that other people seemed to be having the same problem, he said that although he had a few calls about this, no one called him back to say that changing the A/V Pack didn't fix it.

Oh well, guess I will have to call in again and get someone else.

----

Joel

CraigR

Agent
Regarding 5.1 sound not playing at all on my system discovered that while the game starts up if I just switch the inputs by remote control for a few seconds and switch it back voila I get glorious 5.1 sound. It won't work unless the game disc has started. If I push the eject button and then start over no 5.1 sound unless I switch inputs. Hope this helps somebody else out there that has similar problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks