Would an appearance of Caruso on NYPD be big?...

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by todd s, May 7, 2003.

1. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I was wondering if Caruso made a cameo appearance on NYPD Blue. How big of a ratings bonanza would it be? I know he has admitted that he was stupid for leaving the show. I am not sure if Bochco has or would forgive him.

2. Michael Hughes

Michael Hughes Second Unit

I have not forgiven him, he tore the heart out of those of us who fell in love with that show after season 1. It has never ever been the same. What a shame.

That being said, I would give it a look in a season finale type of format. I have stopped watching since the end of Ricky Shcroder's 1st season.

Caruso and Franz for 5 years on that show could have been classic. Oh well.

3. Karl_Luph

Karl_Luph Supporting Actor

This show has such a strong cast now and great writing,even with Diane coming on, it isn't going to make that big of deal to me. Wasn't it Caruso that got the big head and left NYPD Blues after one season? Personally, I don't see why everyone's so ga-ga over Caruso.I'd watch him if he appeared on NYPD Blues, but then again, I watch all the episodes.

4. Larry Geller

Larry Geller Supporting Actor

One listen to the commentaries on the DVDs will tell you how impossible a Caruso return would be. Has there ever been a more hated person on a network series?

5. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Larry,
    I have not heard the commentaries. But, I am curious as to what was said. Although, that being said. I have seen worse situations where people got back together for the money. For example the Eagles. [​IMG]

6. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

I said it the last time this subject came up, and my view hasn't changed:

Jimmy Hoffa has a better chance of making a cameo on Blue than David Caruso.

M.

7. Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison Screenwriter

Randy
    AMEN! The show is strong, now that we got rid of Wimpy Danny. The characters are all strong, great relationships, trials, tribulations. We don't need Caruso to make a cameo (except maybe as a corpse, which causes Andy to go on another ass-kicking campaign to find the killer)

I'm looking forward to next week, to see what happens with Connie's baby, and how Rita's jealousy plays out.

8. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

9. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Yes it would and yes Hell would have to freeze over before this wouldever happen. Too many egos in the pot. It's too bad too