What's new

Worst DVD covers! (1 Viewer)

Mark Lucas

Second Unit
It's pretty obvious that the people that come up with these covers didn't major in art. Someone has to do something. A petition? If it doesn't stop before we get HD titles then we're doomed.

James@R

Second Unit

I think the first thing that needs to stop is the trend of 'naming' the special editions (ie. "Fun and Flirty Edition"). :frowning:

Kain_C

Screenwriter

God, I agree. All of those 'names' are bad, but "Fun and Flirty" takes the cake and then some.

James@R

Second Unit

If they really wanted to be clever, why not a The Sequel is Due Next Month! Edition or a We've Added A Five Minute Featurette!!!* Edition. At least I could (somewhat) respect their honesty.

[*Due to this generous addition, we were forced to remove the original theatrical trailers. Fortunately, you may still purchase them on the original dvd.]

BrandonJF

Second Unit

If I were to walk up to a register with that thing, I would feel compelled to apologize to the clerk ringing it up. Either that or I'd have to go pick it up in a pixie outfit while I dance around the store chanting "fun and flirty".

I'll add my vote to the Serenity cover art. I could not believe it when I saw that. Why not just photoshop Tom Cruise on there while they are at it? Yeah, I know he wasn't in the movie, but neither was almost everything else on there. Plus, Summer Glau looks like she should be on the cover to the next Species movie instead of Serenity.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I am glad that MGM is finally getting their damn lion logo out of the center of their cover art, but despite this improvement they are still managing to make atrocious photoshop art:

A Fish Called Wanda has some excellent poster art they could have chosen from, and even the UK edition has better art than the above.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Ah, just click the link then. Takes you straight to it. Amazon doesnt have the art up yet but I'll switch it when they do.

Patrick Soucy

Second Unit

Because it's too easy!

Sometime, I think they print a limited "poster cover edition" only for the studios worker and the cast & crew, and sale the horrible covers to the customers!!!

The posters are generaly made with time for sell the movie, and are great for this reason. The DVD covers, I still don't know why they made a specific cover for it, are made really fast without any respect for the image of the movie... :thumbsdown:

James@R

Second Unit
Magnum Force has always bothered me. They finally ditched the giant head approach for Dirty Harry's dvd debut, but failed to do so for the first sequel.

If you're going to show Eastwood and the .44, the original posters are far more iconic.

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure when Warner reissues the title either in Blu-ray or as a 2 disc SE they will use the original poster art (as they have been doing lately).

James@R

Second Unit
Perhaps. It's really more of an oddity, considering they did use the first film's poster art for its dvd release (both original and re-issued). Magnum Force just sticks out as the only film in the series without its original poster art.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks